Dinner Seating Q

In the past I've always gone with a pretty large group of people, so we all sat together at dinner.

However, this time there's only 2 of us. I haven't really noticed (or looked for) tables for two...Do they exist? If so, how do we go about requesting to be seated at one?

Thanks in advance!

In the past I've always gone with a pretty large group of people, so we all sat together at dinner.

However, this time there's only 2 of us. I haven't really noticed (or looked for) tables for two...Do they exist? If so, how do we go about requesting to be seated at one?

Thanks in advance!

They do, and to be honest, I hated when we were at a table for two on our last cruise. We can eat alone any night of the week but when we are on a cruise we love to have dinner at a large table.

cant speak for all dining rooms, but I was recently on the Valor and we were seated at a table for 2.

The Maitre D will have a time to see people, thats when you can go check out your table and request a change of times / table for 2 etc and if he can accomodate you right away he will.

If not, you can get on the waiting list. We were on the list, but got a card in our room that night letting us know he could accomodate us

When you get to the ship the MD will usually be in the DR around 1:00ish, you may or maynot be able to go through your DR prior to that time to see where your table is.

Yes, tables for 2 do exist, but sometimes they are in high demand. If you find that you are not seated at one you can ask the MD if any are available at any time in any DR.....

Sister and I prefer a private table for dinner, cause I'm quite chatty and by the time I get to dinner I'm tired of my own voice....:o Sister and I don't talk to each other too much....:D After 50+ years there's not much left to say......

How long before you cruise? We normally cruise with other family members, but when there is just the two of us we request table for 2 when we book. Some ships have a lot of tables for two and never had a problem getting one. Also, when we use the anytime or as you wish dining, we always request a dining time early each morning for dinner that evening. Sometimes a table for 2 and sometimes with other cruisers. Normally can get either one. Getting a time we want is more of a problem than table size. Regardless, we enjoy our conversation with just the two of us and at least 90% of the time have found table mates to be extremely nice. HAVE A GREAT CRUISE REGARDLESS WHAT YOU DECIDE!!:p

Pink - Do y'all want a table for two? If so, first thing you need to do is let your booking agent request it. Can't always work out, but you can try.

When you first get to your cabin, there will be a copy of the "Capers", and inside will be the place and time your Maitre d' can be seen to accept requests for any changes. Go then, because the line could get long.:)

I was told I couldn't request a table for 2 ahead of time that I had to wait until I got on the ship and see the MD. Was that wrong? We really want a table for 2. Of course we'll enjoy it either way but a table for 2 would make it a little more enjoyable LOL

We've never wanted a table for two. When we're sitting at dinner talking with our tablemates about our day, where we're from, etc. we really enjoy that. I've looked over at tables of two which usually consists of a couple just eating, rarely talking to each other and not appearing to have as good a time as we are. I love my DH, but we're spending plenty of alone time on a cruise, so having meals with others who we get to know better is a change. In fact, we are cruising with a couple this Nov that we met two years ago and have kept in touch with.

I was told I couldn't request a table for 2 ahead of time that I had to wait until I got on the ship and see the MD. Was that wrong?

Who told you that? My PVP always asks if I want to be seated at a large table or small. I like large because I'm solo, and I enjoy more tablemates.

The last time I took a friend on a cruise w/me, we were seated at a booth for four, but only the two of us were there each evening.

Who told you that? My PVP always asks if I want to be seated at a large table or small. I like large because I'm solo, and I enjoy more tablemates.

The last time I took a friend on a cruise w/me, we were seated at a booth for four, but only the two of us were there each evening.

People here LOL. I'll call and make the request.

Dh and I really enjoy being together and since this is the first trip without the kids we would like to keep to ourselves at meal time if possible. Like I said if not it's no big deal but it would make it a little bit nicer.

If I can't get it set up ahead of time I am willing to tip nicely if the MD can make it happen once on board :)

People here LOL. I'll call and make the request.

If I can't get it set up ahead of time I am willing to tip nicely if the MD can make it happen once on board :)

He probably won't accept a tip for making the change, in fact I think I've read it's not permitted. He will gladly accept a tip envelop in the dining room the last night of the cruise however.:D

Archived