Aurura - cabin choice

Bobalinki

Hello, travelling on Aurora and have been allocated A243...bit worried as under the buffet and by a 'white space' which I presume is a crew area. Wondered if anyone had experience of this area and whether it is noisy ? Will be spending time chilling in cabin as recovering from illness and have been told we can upgrade ........ not sure what to do as that would eat into G&T funds :DSoooooooo excited to be going on Aurora and thanks in advance :D

Hello, travelling on Aurora and have been allocated A243...bit worried as under the buffet and by a 'white space' which I presume is a crew area. Wondered if anyone had experience of this area and whether it is noisy ? Will be spending time chilling in cabin as recovering from illness and have been told we can upgrade ........ not sure what to do as that would eat into G&T funds :DSoooooooo excited to be going on Aurora and thanks in advance :D

I would always advise anybody making a Select booking not to book a cabin directly over, under or adjacent to a public area, but would assume from your comment that you have been ‘allocated’ A243 that you are on a different type of booking?

However, to reassure you, I don’t think that you will have too many problems with that cabin.

The first thing to note is that sound insulation between cabins is terrible on most P&O ships and particularly so with Aurora. So the first thing to avoid is to make sure that you don’t book a cabin adjacent to a cabin which has capacity for more than 2 persons. If you have kids, or worse a baby that may wake in the night, next to you, you will hear it all. Thankfully, your cabin has 2 berth cabins both sides, so you will only have adults either side. You will hear their TV, them talking, drawers opening and closing and toilets flushing, but you can’t get away from that I’m afraid.

The worst areas to be directly over or under would be the show lounge (amplified music) or pool deck (chairs being dragged around, including in the early hours by staff washing decks). You will be under the buffet which has no amplified music and the area immediately above your cabin is a seating area, not a servery, and the area is carpeted. If I had to be below a public area, I would probably chose that one.

The white area is opposite your cabin, so regardless of what it is, shouldn’t be as problematic as if you were adjacent to it. I’m afraid that I don’t know what is in that specific area, but if it is a cabin servicing area you won’t find it used throughout the night.

Long winded answer but, in summary, I think you will find that cabin to be fine. Aurora is a lovely ship and provides a very good cruise experience. We were on her for 9 days last week (2 days plus 7 days) and I have posted detailed reviews but they have yet to go ‘Live’.