Canada/NE - what temperature inside the ship?

Redsgj

We are leaving October 22nd on an 11 night cruise from Quebec City to Cape Liberty NJ with stops throughout Atlantic Canada and Maine.

I am fine with the clothes for in port during the day but I am not sure what to do for the evenings. For reference, at home (just outside Toronto so similar weather wise) I would be wearing long sleeves and long pants inside at home. My heat would probably be coming on occasionally with it set to 72 degrees.

Does anyone know what the temperatures usually are on the ship inside (we are on Royal Caribbean)? I've seen people mentioning wearing spaghetti strap tops for formal night - I would freeze at home wearing that! Do they keep the ships warmer so you can get away with that kind of thing?

I have a long sleeve, long pants outfit which looks like velvet (but isn't) that I was thinking of wearing. Would I be too hot in this?

Hi, I've found temps vary onboard ships. I consider myself "cold-blooded" in that my body temp changes with the temp around me:-) I have been aboard ships where certain areas(dining rooms, theatres/lounges) are extremely cold; and ships where temps are too warm for me. I think your formal outfit would be comfortable either way. I prefer long sleeves for comfort on most ships. When I have worn sleeveless or short-sleeve dress, I carry a light-weight pashmina/ruana that works well. I would think at that time of year, the a/c would not be on? Layers are always good when traveling, even for evening wear. Enjoy ur cruise. We'll be there the week b4 you!;)

We are leaving October 22nd on an 11 night cruise from Quebec City to Cape Liberty NJ with stops throughout Atlantic Canada and Maine.

I am fine with the clothes for in port during the day but I am not sure what to do for the evenings. For reference, at home (just outside Toronto so similar weather wise) I would be wearing long sleeves and long pants inside at home. My heat would probably be coming on occasionally with it set to 72 degrees.

Does anyone know what the temperatures usually are on the ship inside (we are on Royal Caribbean)? I've seen people mentioning wearing spaghetti strap tops for formal night - I would freeze at home wearing that! Do they keep the ships warmer so you can get away with that kind of thing?

I have a long sleeve, long pants outfit which looks like velvet (but isn't) that I was thinking of wearing. Would I be too hot in this?

The interior of the ship will be at or around the 70-74 range....so no need to bundle up inside! Sleeveless clothing hasn't been too cold for me, and I chill easily. Most will bring some sort of wrap (including me, but I've never needed it!).

You should be comfortable with light layers. I never needed anything more than typical indoor clothing on ships, mostly long-sleeved tops, though since don't do sleeveless. The light wraps or shawls are handy, . Jealous of both OP and Sparty; that's a wonderful area to cruise!

The interior of the ship will be at or around the 70-74 range....so no need to bundle up inside! Sleeveless clothing hasn't been too cold for me, and I chill easily. Most will bring some sort of wrap (including me, but I've never needed it!).

Well, if the ship is at 70 then I will need long sleeves for sure. If it is at 74 then short sleeves will be okay.

So confusing!

Archived