Dining-Inside Cabin

UK Cruiser2

To save me searching the whole Cunard forum can someone answer please...We have never cruise Cunard before,on QE are there set dining times and "tablemates" or can we choose to sit on our own EG flexible/freestyle dining as it is known on some other cruiselines.Does having an inside cabin restrict us to the dining venues ?

To save me searching the whole Cunard forum can someone answer please...We have never cruise Cunard before,on QE are there set dining times and "tablemates" or can we choose to sit on our own EG flexible/freestyle dining as it is known on some other cruiselines.Does having an inside cabin restrict us to the dining venues ?

Having an inside cabin means you will be dining in the beautiful main restaurant. Here you will be allocated a table although they do try to honour the request you made on booking as to size of table and time of dining. There are two sittings for dinner. 6.30 and 8.30 if I remember correctly. And you will have the same tablemates. The only dining venues you will not have access to are The Princess Grill and the Queen's grill restaurants. These are restricted to those passengers who are travelling in those two grades of cabin. There is a 'Speciality Restaurant' which carries a charge of circa $30 and in the evening the Lido buffet is divided into 4 sections. 3 of these sections form specialty dining venues, e.g. Asian, Italian and I forget the other, these carry a premium of $10 and are bookable. The 4th section is the normal buffet carrying a variety of meals every night and there is no charge for that. If you are not happy with your allotted table then you go to see the maitre D. on the first day at about 3pm in the main dining room and enquire if you may change. This is normal practice and you will find several others bent on the same errand. You have the same waiters at dinner every night. For breakfast and lunch if you eat in the main dining room you are shown to a table when you arrive and it will be different each time. You are usually asked if you want to share or wish to dine alone. At breakfast if you wish to dine alone or at a table for two you may have a short wait depending on the time you choose to eat. I think that's about it. But if I've got anything wrong there are other experienced people on here who will help you.

Shiny

Having an inside cabin means you will be dining in the beautiful main restaurant. Here you will be allocated a table although they do try to honour the request you made on booking as to size of table and time of dining. There are two sittings for dinner. 6.30 and 8.30 if I remember correctly. And you will have the same tablemates. The only dining venues you will not have access to are The Princess Grill and the Queen's grill restaurants. These are restricted to those passengers who are travelling in those two grades of cabin. There is a 'Speciality Restaurant' which carries a charge of circa $30 and in the evening the Lido buffet is divided into 4 sections. 3 of these sections form specialty dining venues, e.g. Asian, Italian and I forget the other, these carry a premium of $10 and are bookable. The 4th section is the normal buffet carrying a variety of meals every night and there is no charge for that. If you are not happy with your allotted table then you go to see the maitre D. on the first day at about 3pm in the main dining room and enquire if you may change. This is normal practice and you will find several others bent on the same errand. You have the same waiters at dinner every night. For breakfast and lunch if you eat in the main dining room you are shown to a table when you arrive and it will be different each time. You are usually asked if you want to share or wish to dine alone. At breakfast if you wish to dine alone or at a table for two you may have a short wait depending on the time you choose to eat. I think that's about it. But if I've got anything wrong there are other experienced people on here who will help you.

Shiny

I think that about sums it up perfectly.As I say we have never sailed Cunard yet,we have sailed Disney,Carnival,Royal Caribbean,Fred Olsen so thought we might give Cunard a try.

Cunard do not have Flexible/Freestyle Dining for inside cabins, Only the Grills or Club cabins have that & there are no insides cabins in any of those grades, You are allocated a time early or late & a table & that is your table for Dinner the entire voyage ( unless you wish to change tables for some reason) Breakfast & lunch time you are allocated a table on a first come first used basis this table changes daily.

Cunard do not have Flexible/Freestyle Dining for inside cabins, Only the Grills or Club cabins have that & there are no insides cabins in any of those grades, You are allocated a time early or late & a table & that is your table for Dinner the entire voyage ( unless you wish to change tables for some reason) Breakfast & lunch time you are allocated a table on a first come first used basis this table changes daily.

Thank you

Having an inside cabin means you will be dining in the beautiful main restaurant. Here you will be allocated a table although they do try to honour the request you made on booking as to size of table and time of dining. There are two sittings for dinner. 6.30 and 8.30 if I remember correctly. And you will have the same tablemates.

First seating is 6.00pm. :)

Shiny

Excellent post :) .

excellent post could you phone cunard and write their brochures, as it would be lighter and greener but more accurate and helpful.

You are soo right.

The brochures are crappy and I have found words spelled wrong in two of them over the years. Spell Check people Spell Check.

You are soo right.

The brochures are crappy and I have found words spelled wrong in two of them over the years. Spell Check people Spell Check.

Not really the answer DD.

Hear we are just the to of us and their is know way of knowing if the boat is stationery or knot. Your knot able to sea two much because their are too bits off would in the weigh.

Etc. etc. You cud go on for houris and ours.

All excepted bye the spell chequer as being wright.

SS

The Spell Checker

Eye halve a spelling chequer

It came with my pea sea

It Plainly marques four my revue

Miss steaks eye kin not sea

Eye strike a quay and type a word

And weight four it two say

Weather eye am wrong oar write

It shows me strait a weigh

As soon as a mist ache is maid

It nose bee fore two long

And eye can put the error rite

Its rare lea ever wrong

Eye have run this poem threw

I am shore your pleased two no

Its letter perfect awl the weigh

My chequer tolled me sew.

Partial quote

... The only dining venues you will not have access to are The Princess Grill and the Queen's grill restaurants. These are restricted to those passengers who are travelling in those two grades of cabin. Shiny

Britannia Club Balcony (Category AA) is also restricted dining. http://www.cunard.com/Ships/Queen-Elizabeth/Accomodation/

The clue here is the word "balcony". The OP enquired about Inside Cabins and as far as I am aware they haven't given them balconies during the refit!

Right you are, as usual. Except you missed the post to which I responded. :) See post #2, to which I replied at post #14

BTW, you mentioned a refit. When did QE have a refit? That I missed!

Archived