Carni Elation vs Carni Paradise vs RCCL Enchantment

RobinKY

I have been on 3 cruises with 2 within the 10 months and looking at another one in April - yes, I am hooked now. April 2014 - RCCL Brilliance Dec 2014 Carni Sensation. We enjoyed both as both had pros and cons.

Any advice on the 3 below I am researching

Carni Elation - 5 days

Carni Paradise - 5 days

RCCL Enchantment of Seas - 4 days

We are low maintenance people and not big on excursions. Just want to relax, soak in the sun with a cold drink, enjoy good food and good people

The CCL ships you're talking about are older ships and although will be well kept will have an older feel. Enchantment had a pretty serious drydock in 05 that they stretched the ship - you will see it clearly at the pool deck area. Personally I really love Enchantment - not too big or too little. I guess for you, you'd have to take departure port into consideration. Which one of the 3 would be the best to leave from? Are you working towards loyalty points on either line? The slightly longer cruises will give you a little bit less of the booze cruise atmosphere and are a better deal than the weekend cruises. What ever you decide - have a great time!!

Thanks for the advice - I was just on Carni Sensation which was an older ship and showed its age in spots but still had a great time.

The Carni Elation leaves out of New Orleans which is a couple hours shorter drive time from Kentucky and it is a tad cheaper. The RCCL Enchantment is a little bit more expensive on a per day basis but not enough to sway my decision and I am willing to pay a little more for a nicer ship.

I've sailed on Elation and Enchantment. Spend the bit extra,drive a bit further

in order to get on the Enchantment, there is NO comparison between RCCL's beautiful ships and the old dark and dingy Elation.... All I could think of while onboard Elation was "Why did I do this?"

• 2 weeks later...

I just sailed on the Carnival Paradise in Jan. They just had a dry dock for about 3 weeks where I think they updated some things. It was just me and my husband and we had a great time. The Gulf waters seem calmer than the Atlantic. My only complaint is the Adults only area on the Paradise is kinda small...so sometimes it was hard to find a lounge chair in that area. But we had a great time! I've never been on a RCL cruise...but we booked one for the end of MArch :)