Hopewell Rocks Tidal Discovery

We are interested in the Hopewell Rocks Tidal Discovery in St. John, New Brunswick. Does anyone know how long the bus ride is 1 way? The tour is 7 hours. We are trying to figure out how much time we would actually be at Hopewell Rocks. Would you be able to see the water level change in the time that you are there. We will be in port on 9/5 from 7 to 3 that day.

Thanks for any information!

Hopewell Rocks are close to Moncton which is about a 2 hr drive each way. I have to assume that is where the ship tour is going.

As far as seeing the tide it's hard to say. Based on the drive/time left for the park you'd only have 3-4 hrs and it will largely depend on when low tide/high tide are.

It's an interesting place but I'm not sure you'll have enough time to do it justice. We were there a few years ago and walked along the ocean floor in the morning at low tide, then came back after lunch and kayaked around the rocks.

Thank you for your replies. After studying the tide tables and knowing the times we will be in port I think we are going to pass. I wish the tides would have been a better match to our port times.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived