Liberty-My Family Dining clarification

Beh789149

We are sailing on Oct 7. We have MTD with reservations each night at 5:30pm as we understood the kids will be picked up at 6:15pm for kids club activities. I looked at a recent post which included the kids club dailies and it appears the evening program in kids club doesn’t start until 7pm. Is all of this accurate? If so, why the 45 min gap (pickup at 6:15, program starts at 7)? I’d actually prefer to eat a bit later but don’t want to miss the kids pickup time.

We have 4 kids and our last cruise on NCL was great, except we had to leave halfway through dinner every night to walk the kids to the club. Really looking forward to the family time dining service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This sounded confusing to me, because Family Time Dining is associated with first seating Traditional Dining. Kids club staff pick up the kids in front of one of the Traditional dining rooms 45 minutes after the traditional dining time (might be 5:30 or 6:00 depending on ship). Since this has nothing to do with My Time Dining (where you make reservations for a dining time if you wish), you likely need to switch to Traditional First Seating.

That said, some folks have reported that they have eaten in a MyTime dining room and then taken their kids to meet the group in front of the other dining room. Apparently they arranged this with the club staff. Liberty only has one dining room but it is located on three decks - it isn't hard to get to the right deck.

Check the Compass to see what time First Seating Dining is. A 6:00 time would imply a 6:45 pickup and 7:00 kids club activities.

We have 4 kids and our last cruise on NCL was great, except we had to leave halfway through dinner every night to walk the kids to the club. Really looking forward to the family time dining service.

Since on NCL, every passenger on every ship eats whenever they want, this makes no sense why you would’ve chosen to do that. I hope you plan better on RCI.

You are correct. The piece you’re missing is that on NCL (just like RCI) you can make reservations in MDR. We did that on NCL and the same on our RCI cruise too!

Like I said, I don’t know why you chose to do that to yourself, but I hope you plan better this time. Enjoy!

My Time Dining is different then Family Time. When my kids did Family Dining it was at 6pm as was regular Main Dining. Kids would get picked up at 6:45. MTD that you have opens half hr earlier at 5:30. My Family Time was with the Main Diners in same dining room where my kids got picked up. My Time was one deck up or down so you might have to walk to other dining room to get kids picked up or have to run them yourself to Kids Program after you all are done eating, or just switch to Family time.

Edited by ONECRUISER

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2018 at 8:20 PM, Beh789149 said:

You are correct. The piece you’re missing is that on NCL (just like RCI) you can make reservations in MDR. We did that on NCL and the same on our RCI cruise too!

On 9/12/2018 at 5:50 PM, Beh789149 said:

We are sailing on Oct 7. We have MTD with reservations each night at 5:30pm as we understood the kids will be picked up at 6:15pm for kids club activities. I looked at a recent post which included the kids club dailies and it appears the evening program in kids club doesn’t start until 7pm. Is all of this accurate? If so, why the 45 min gap (pickup at 6:15, program starts at 7)? I’d actually prefer to eat a bit later but don’t want to miss the kids pickup time.

Hi! Just following up for see how it worked out for you... We're on quantum in May and have two little kids and we hope to do family time dining. 

Adam