JADE Helpful Info Needed

10XCruiser

zbayette...regarding the toiletries. I wont be able to tell you the specific brand (Im a guy, I dont look at that stuff)..buttttt...it smelled very nice. It was Lemongrass i believe and we used so much of it that the cabin steward had to fill us up 2/3 of the way through the cruise. We brought our own products but my wife was more than happy to use the ships.

She did run out of conditioner sooo (here is where it pays to be nice to your cabin steward) we asked our steward if she had any and she gave us a bunch of Bulgari ? products that they use in the Haven. Stuff seems to be pretty pricey on line but she kept giving it to us. We did tip her extra for some body lotion earlier in the cruise, then a few bucks on xmas day as a present so I think she was just taking care of us in her own way.

The products were all excellent though. No dry skin or flaky scalp etc.

Thanks so much! I wasn't so concerned about the brand as I was that shampoo and conditioner came in the bathroom, or did I need to bring my own? Also is there lotion or do I need to bring some from home?

I am going on jade in August for 2 nights from hamburg. What can I expect in this short time, will there be the same entertainment available as the longer cruises such as the white hot party night; and will there be a daily news letter explaining whats on. Only been with p&o before thanks.

Edited by Evej
Spelling

We did a Panama canal cruise on the Jade this past Thanksgiving. I agree with pretty much everything that lucywestie has said. It was our first NCL after many on Royal and we really liked the Jade. I am planning a southern caribbean on her later this year.

We were in a forward suite which gave us great views entering the canal. I thought for a suite the drawer space was limited. the service was excellent all the way around and our favorite bar was the Martini bar by Le Bistro especially before dinner since there was music also.

We ate at Teppenyaki, Le Bistro x 2, Cagney's, Jasmine and O'sheehans. Since then, we have been on the Escape and I would say the food on the Jade was better. Bistro was our favorite, we had a different menu on the Jade and I liked it better.

We didn't have very many kids on our cruise so both pools were like adult pools which made it easier to get chairs and the pools were not crowded despite having beautiful weather except for one day. Really liked the live band by the pool. Otherwise, the entertainment was ok. We met some great people that we've still kept in touch with.

We just did a Panama Canal Cruise last month on the Jade. There was a bartender at the Bliss lounge(that's her peeking behind the drink in the background) in the evenings who makes this drink. She calls it heaven and hell. It was delicious! 18ea32fff447a5a8b27b3ce71dc810ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is in it? Looks good. We will be on Jade in March