Excursion drop-off point(s)

Sarahgraci

I have a question about drop-offs after an excursion we booked with the ship; Does the tour company take everyone back to the ship, or will they stop in downtown and let people off who want to go sight-seeing? DH and I are going on a helicopter tour in Juneau, and will have little time to explore the town after the flight- we want to make the most of our time in the city. What are your experiences?

The ships dock very close to downtown, as is the airport where most helicopter tours leave from. It would be 'on the way' for them to drop you off in the town on the way to the ship.

Our tour operator was very flexible and would have dropped us off anywhere (in our case we were on the glacier all day and legs were tired). If you're going with one of the large helicopter tour companies, even if they will only take you to the ship, it won't be far to get back downtown. But I'll bet they'll be happy to drop you off where you want. I'm sure you can email and ask them.

The vast majority of the operators will drop you off pretty much anywhere you want along the way, though they usually have a single "downtown" drop-off spot rather than dropping people every block (traffic usually making that impossible anyway).

Murray

Archived