"Free Air" FALSE ADVERTISING

mrsgritoli

Be aware that Seabourn is abhorrently offering a "free air" promotion, which is the old "bait and switch". I call to book the 7/3/10 Legend, with an advertised rate of $3,499.00 and up. The agent tells me that the fare is the $3,499, but if I want air, it will be $4,300.00. I ask her how is that "free" air? She says that it is free only if I book the higher rate. I only get the lower rate if I arrange air on my own.

Can someone please explain how this constitutes "free air"?

Go look at Seabourn's website, and click on the "free air" promotion box, and see if you don't agree that it looks like they are advertising FREE air. Then call and see if you can get the advertised rate. I tried first with my agent, and then with Seabourn directly, and they both told me the same thing: That the "free" air is only available if you pay $900 pp higher than the "best available" rate.

This is a new low in bogus advertising, and it shows a complete lack of respect for the public's intellegence.

I couldn't agree more, it appears that their marketing department needs a good shake-up.

We are booked on two cruises this summer on the Odyssey and when enquiring about the free air promotion was told that I would have to pay an additional amount for my already deposited cruises. Give your head a shake Seabourn!!!

This is no way to treat guests who have over 15 Seabourn Cruises under their belt.

I couldn't agree more, it appears that their marketing department needs a good shake-up.

We are booked on two cruises this summer on the Odyssey and when enquiring about the free air promotion was told that I would have to pay an additional amount for my already deposited cruises. Give your head a shake Seabourn!!!

This is no way to treat guests who have over 15 Seabourn Cruises under their belt.

I think these two reports are from North America? All I can say is that in the UK we seem to have genuine included flights and transfers on some of the cruises in Europe/Med this spring and summer. We have booked one in April on Spirit at a much reduced price, including flights etc. The only downside is that all the Heathrow flights were full and they have put us on ones to and from Gatwick, which entails flying out before 8 a.m. We will find out in due course if it all works!!

I agree that Seabourn would do better not to offer these "special deals." They put so many restrictions on them that they do feel like bait and switch. I suspect most Seabourn passengers are intelligent enough to see through this and it only serves to make them mad. As many of you recall they had a similar experience last summer with their "between friends" promotion.

Archived