Pricing on Pacific Dawn W735

pommiepom

Hi Everyone,

I know alot of you have booked to go on the Pacific Dawn 9th November 2007 W735 and was wondering if you could give me an idea of what you are paying for this cruise. Also who you have booked through.

Thankyou all very much.

We have booked a balcony cabin midships on Baja deck....(how do you pronounce that?).

It cost $3831.00 each :eek: and we booked through Travelworld. It is a 14 day cruise though. I'm sure the shorter cruises would be much cheaper.

There are only the two of us and I really fancy a balcony cabin. I have this picture in my head of me with a cocktail, leaning on our private balcony with the breeze in my hair looking at the islands as we sail by.... so I am really excited about it.

Of course the reality will be much different. It will probably be blowing a gale, my hair will be flattened to my head and the umbrella in my cocktail will blow over the side, but it is nice to dream. :p

I am saving up for spending money with a $2.00 tin. I have one of those metal money boxes you get from cheap shops -the ones with the dollar notes printed on the side - and I never ever spend the $2.00 coins I get as change. I save them in the tin and you would be surprised how fast they grow. There is no other denomination in the tin other than the $2.00 coins. Last time I saved up $1450, which helped enormously. My tin is starting to get heavy now in readiness for our next cruise. Hopefully in April 2007. It is exciting opening it up, the dining table is like Aladdins cave with the huge pile of gold. :)

Hope you can join us Pommiepom.

Jenny

>^..^<

Brushtail,

Enjoy the balcony!! On the two cruises I have been on, both times we have had a balcony. Though surprisingly most people only use them when you are arriving or leaving a port. :confused:

Though admittedly it did get a bit warm out there in the caribbean. We were glad we had a balcony for Alaska. On the first night, I was still suffering from jet lag. and decided to go out onto the balcony at 3am. I closed the door behind me, and when I went to get back inside, the door wouldn't open.:o It took a few minutes for me to open the door, so now I don't close the door all the way.

For our upcoming cruise next month, we've got a balcony again. Apparently once you have a balcony cabin, it is so hard to go back to an outside or inside cabin.

This time we are thinking of ordering the dinner menu through Room service, and having dinner outside.

$3831 is quite alot:eek:. We paid $3500 each for a 9 night cruise to the Caribbean incl. airfares and 1 nights accomodation in NY.

I dont think the price of the balcony cabins on pacific dawn on the w735 cruise are that expensive. We are paying $3883 to stay on Aloha deck. The overseas cruises are cheaper than ours because there are so many different liners competing for the business where as here p&o has the run of it all and from what I am told p&o used to be ALOT more expensive crusing out of australia.:)

Hi everyone .Thinking of cruising Pacific Dawn on the 9th November 2007.??

have a look at Best Cruises site... they have Balcony fares $3665

inside cabin fare $1835 and outside $1885 all per person twin share.

I think that is a great price. They would not be the best cabins on the ship, but I go inside, outside, up or down....as long as I'm on the ship.

I enjoy myself wherever I am.

Hi everyone .Thinking of cruising Pacific Dawn on the 9th November 2007.??

. They would not be the best cabins on the ship, but I go inside, outside, up or down....as long as I'm on the ship.

I enjoy myself wherever I am.

My thoughts exactly any cabin is a good cabin as long as you are on the ship!!:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I just thought I would bump this thread as I am interested in Pacific Dawn and would like to know more about the ship- so if anyone has any links or information or steer me in the right direction, that would be good. :o

Thanks,

- T

Hi everyone,

I just thought I would bump this thread as I am interested in Pacific Dawn and would like to know more about the ship- so if anyone has any links or information or steer me in the right direction, that would be good. :o

Thanks,

- T

Hi Tinalou, I found this site and hope I am putting it on here the right way. I imagine that the pictures won't change that much when they convert it to the Pacific Dawn. Hope it's helpful.

http://public.fotki.com/bdb36/regal_princess/?cmd=slideShowFlash

Hi Tinalou, I found this site and hope I am putting it on here the right way. I imagine that the pictures won't change that much when they convert it to the Pacific Dawn. Hope it's helpful.

http://public.fotki.com/bdb36/regal_princess/?cmd=slideShowFlash

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it your help. :)

Great pics- what a gorgeous ship. I may have to start pestering hubby for another holiday even though we only just got back, lol. :o

Does anyone know how much bigger it is than the Sun? I was chatting with one of the dining stewards on our cruise and he kept raving on about huge it was and how he was hoping to go and work on the Dawn.

Does anyone know how much bigger it is than the Sun? I was chatting with one of the dining stewards on our cruise and he kept raving on about huge it was and how he was hoping to go and work on the Dawn.

Tinalou,

First of all, congratulations on getting married and catching the cruise bug at the same time!:D

A few comparisons ...

Ship :Pacific Sun / Pacific Dawn (currently Regal Princess)

Size: 47,000grt / 69,000grt

Passengers: 1,900 / 1,900 (estimate post refit, currently 1,590)

Decks: 9 / 12

Length: 223 /247

Built: 1986 / 1991

Tim

Thanks for the specs Tim. :)

I am trying to imagine the size of the Dawn beside the Sun as it is the only basis of comparison I have.

I wonder if the bigger the ship, the smoother the sail or vice versa...:confused:

Hi Tina,

Congratulations on your recent marriage from me as well........:)

I think this may have been posted in another thread earlier, but is well worth another look.

http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.do?pagerIndex=&resultsIndex=&shipId=96&deckId=

This link shows the layout of all the decks on the Regal Princess (soon to be Pacific Dawn) and includes virtual tours.

We are on Baja deck - midships - with a balcony cabin. :D

Hope you can join us next November.

Jenny

>^..^<

Tina,

We've been on Regal twice now and enjoyed every minute. Just a nice sized ship, not too big that you get worn out doing the laps.

Brushtail, we're also Baja midships starboard side, we could be neighbours. We usually travel with other couples and make sure we have port and starboard cabins for the sailing partys. We tend to have a great time at sailing. Hopefully we can make new CC friends on this one and have many many more sailaway parties.

PS So pleased that we now have personal dining, thats great.

Karen

Archived