Vietnam cruise

Hi,

We are considering on cruise on Celebrity Millennium from Hong Kong through Vietnam and concluding in Singapore.

We have never done this cruise and its always interested us,

We have heard the the ports listed in the itinerary are a lengthy bus trip to the towns .

Can anyone who has done a cruise to Vietnam please give us your opinion and confirm if the towns are along way from ports.

Thanks

Col & Di

We have heard the the ports listed in the itinerary are a lengthy bus trip to the towns .

Can anyone who has done a cruise to Vietnam please give us your opinion and confirm if the towns are along way from ports.

Thanks

Col & Di

I was cruising there over christmas, new year. Yes a lot of the cities are a long way out from the towns. For us the the big trips were Ho Chi Min City, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Brunei was a bit of a drive but nothing like the others. In Ho Chi Min City it was a 2.5 hour bus trip each way plus how ever many hours we spent in the city. So prepare for some long day trips.

In Ho Chi Min City it was a 2.5 hour bus trip each way plus how ever many hours we spent in the city. So prepare for some long day trips.

Instead of a long bus trip into Ho Chi Min City, you can choose to take the shuttle bus into the port city, which my daughter and I did. We had intended to visit a beach resort from there, but instead spent the whole day there, enjoying visiting the market, church, and just watching the local community.

Hi,

We where on this exact cruise in March. We had a great time, yes some of the trips are long, we took the tours off the ship for the cities and found them very good well organised. The bus trips into the cities takes up to 2-2.5 hours but it is very interesting seeing the way people do things outside of the cities We didn't do the trips into the cities but took tours to different places, e.g. instead of going into Saigon we took the tour to the Mekong Delta which went passed the out skirts of Saigon and had a nice day on the river seeing different things.

If i can help in any way just ask and i will see if i have the answer.

We did this same cruise on the Millennium last year. Yes, the bus rides into the cities were long....but on the main part, worth it. We did all tours privately with 4 others via our roll call. We made the 3 hr trip into Hanoi on the first day. It would have been longer if on a coach. This we would do again, as Hanoi was totally different to rest of Vietnam. Great day, with the arduous trip not boring and being broken up half way with a stop at a laquerware market both going and returning. This was our longest trip btw. Second half day we did Halong Bay junk cruise....simply stunning, and being on a private tour, we had a junk all to ourselves ie the 6 of us. For Hue, we opted to go into Hue. We had read that the palace there was a smaller replica of the HCMC one. Enjoyed the day, but if were returning would opt to see Hoi An again instead. Reason....temples became a bit much after a while. Hoi An is different and stunning. For the HCMC we opted for private tour around countryside and into Vangtau. Very good day, and glad we had a break from the long bus rides into cities. Loved this day out. Bangkok, we went into the city the first day. Well worth the ride of approx 2 and half hrs. Second day we did private tour to Nong Nooch Gardens (wow) and through Pattaya to the Sancturay of Truth (amazing). Could repeat this tour too. I think you have chosen wisely re doing the southbound cruise. This alone allows you to see Hanoi, and still see the wonders of Halong Bay. btw, the ship sails through the bay, but just on the outskirts of it really, hence the junk cruise is worthwhile.

We had 5 days in Honkers before, and 2 days in Singapore at the end. Should have had more time in Singapore, perhaps another day at least.

We did the very first cruise Millennium did on this route.

Most of the big cities were overnight stops so we arranged to stay in hotels overnight in Bangkok and Saigon. It was wonderful, the best of both worlds.

Our transfer into BKK took 3 1/2 hours. By the time the day trip people arrived in the city they had about 3 hours before they had to be on the bus to get back.

Highly recommended.