Celebrity Millennium in Aomori, Japan Question

leigh77

I cannot find out which dock you will use for your sailing but it appears that they consistently use the Okidate dock in 2017. Perhaps it is a size issue as smaller vessels seem to use the other dock while the Celebrity Millennium and the Diamond princess uses the Okidate one.

http://www.apic-aomori.jp/english/cruise/call.html

Thank you for your timely and informative reply! I hope that the above website will be updated soon, to show the 2018 schedule! Even Celebrity could not tell my TA which pier the Millennium will be docked at. It is difficult to book private tours or transfers when such information is not available.

Thank you for your timely and informative reply! I hope that the above website will be updated soon, to show the 2018 schedule! Even Celebrity could not tell my TA which pier the Millennium will be docked at. It is difficult to book private tours or transfers when such information is not available.

It is strange that they have nothing for a forward schedule.

Oh, wow! Docking in Aomori! I lived an hour and a half away for almost four years. LOVE northern Japan. ❤️. I don’t have an answer to your question. Just couldn’t help chiming in. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aomori is not a big city. Your private tour or transfer will know where the Millennium is and meet you at he right pier.

We did this cruise as part of a B2B cruise in October/November last year. We docked at Okidate Pier, photo below of the Millennium is taken near the Nebuta Festival Museum nearby which is a must see.

Nice pics, I do like how they greet and farewell the ships with a school band and /or performers. we have had that on our previous visits.

What day of the week? Also what date? I would head there first. It will take you about an hour to get there. Parking can be a nightmare at times. Then you can see the rest of Aomori.

We will be there on Saturday, April 28. The Cherry Blossom Festival begins on April 23 - May 3 and the cherry blossoms should be in bloom the weekend that we are there!

We were planning to go by local taxi ( I know it's expensive, but there's three of us and time is of the essence and it would be less expensive than a guided tour by a tour company)

I'm not fussy about taking the crowded train, which doesn't run that frequently either!

That’s great! Right in the middle is a good time. Have you been following the forecasts? Cherry blossoms are big business in Japan! It’s crazy! :)

Good idea to not drive yourself, especially that day. If you do decide to take the train, try to purchase your tickets in advance. The train will be super crowded but clean. Taxi will be nice though.

I’m so jealous! Someday I hope to go again. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I called Celebrity, and asked about which pier they will be using. We were told it will be the Okidate pier for the April 23 stop. I found an aerial photo of the pier area, and it looks like the path to the Shin Chuo pier is too small for ships the size of the Millennium.

Then I assume the Millennium will also dock at Okidate pier on April 28, 2018! Thanks for the info!

Do you know if shuttles are provided by Celebrity since Okidate pier is further away from the town center?