jade questions - Internet, Haven & bars?

erdoran

Future cruise credit burning a hole in my pocket and just spotted a reasonably-priced 14 day transie on Jade. I have a couple of questions:

• I’ll need to be in touch with work during the trip, how is the Internet on a Jade transie, and do they offer an unlimited pkg?
  • We really love the whole Haven thing. I see Jade’s is just a courtyard and I know we get breakfast & lunch at Cagney’s, and dinner on our own. What’s that experience like compared to the full Haven ships like Epic & Bliss?
  • Also loved walking into the Haven and stopping by the bar for a “to-go” drink on our way back to the room or out somewhere else. No bar in Courtyard-where do you go for the to-go drinks that’s reasonably close to the CY?

Other thoughts about the jade in general?

One of my nieces sailed the Jade earlier this week on a T/A ... based on her feedback, satellite WiFi internet works fine in general, being dynamically cached & serverd - congestion can be expected when end-users demand for it surged. It's not fast, somewhere between 3G and 4G speed (not LTE) but not as bad as 2G/Edge or barely better than dial-up either ... the other variable is the user's hardware/devices being deployed to connect.

It is expensive, relatively speaking, but on extended sailings like 14 days - it's priced a little lower. You can register & activate on multiple devices to sign-in, but only use one at a time - for unlimited usage, with discount, probably looking at $25 a day (vs. $30 a day) x 14 = $350 for the duration (approximately) - without the premium/streaming option. Plan & select your "gears" to take advantage of dual-band WiFi as the 5Ghz band is less congested, although I'm not sure if the newer 802.11 ac standards are supported on the Jade.

Since it is for work-related usage, expense it and file that as part of your reimbursement in the reporting.

Others can answer your Haven-related questions.

If you are in the Haven itself (14th floor) the pool waitress will get you a drink, from where, I do not know. Or you can walk down to deck 13 and get something from the Mojito bar inside Moderno. It’s right there at the bottom of the staircase. Elevators were sometimes slow reaching 14.

On the recent Norway cruise, we had breakfast in Moderno and lunch in Cagneys. Both very good, same menu every day.