Summit Celebrity Suite

WB57

Hello All -

We are cruising this August to Bermuda on the Summit. The last time we were on the Summit, the Celebrity Suite wasn’t remodeled to include the deck outside. From what I understand, the deck was an ‘add-on’ (I.e. did not take away from the original CS footprint). Given that, and the fact that the CS is on a hump, has anyone noticed any wind buffeting noise when the ship is sailing. And if so, did it make any difference which particular CS you were in?

Thank you all in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad to hear that you did not hear any noise in the cabin. A couple of years ago, we were on one of the newer RCL ships and was surprised how much noise could be heard inside the cabin. Thank you for your inputs - and good recommendation.

Anyone else that have experience on the ‘aft’ CS cabin?

Agree with Mary Lou. We had a CS toward the aft (on Infinity) after reading that advice on CC. It was 8106 and we did not feel the wind. The balcony was about 20 feet long and 4 feet wide and curved. We enjoyed the suite - have a wonderful cruise!

We have had Celebrity Suites on several of the M-class ships. In our case, all have been the CSs toward the aft. We have never had any issues with wind.

We also have been in CSs on S-class ships, and don't have any preference regarding the different Celebrity Suite configurations on the M-class ships as compared to the S-class ships. We love that expanse of window on the M-class ships and the dining room table, but also appreciate to two bathroom entrances on the S-class ships.

Hello All -

We are cruising this August to Bermuda on the Summit. The last time we were on the Summit, the Celebrity Suite wasn’t remodeled to include the deck outside. From what I understand, the deck was an ‘add-on’ (I.e. did not take away from the original CS footprint). Given that, and the fact that the CS is on a hump, has anyone noticed any wind buffeting noise when the ship is sailing. And if so, did it make any difference which particular CS you were in?

Thank you all in advance.

Depending on your sailing date in August, would you consider a Sky Suite? I see SS 6145 and 6146 are available for the Aug 12/18 sailing. In our opinion, 2 of the best Sky Suites on the M Class fleet. The balcony is larger than most of the other Sky Suites on the ship, and the bathroom is certainly a key selling feature.

Just a thought if the dates match.

Randy

Depending on your sailing date in August, would you consider a Sky Suite? I see SS 6145 and 6146 are available for the Aug 12/18 sailing. In our opinion, 2 of the best Sky Suites on the M Class fleet. The balcony is larger than most of the other Sky Suites on the ship, and the bathroom is certainly a key selling feature.

Just a thought if the dates match.

Randy

Thanks for the info Randy. We are looking at 5 Aug departure date. I think we will likely stay with a CS. However, I will keep this information in mind for future cruises. Cheers.