Carnival Triumph Advice

Cruising in 3 weeks on Triumph with family (teenagers) and friends out of New Orleans. Ports are Progresso and Cozumel. Looking for any advice or tips to make this an enjoyable vacation?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did a fantastic trip to Uxmal through Carnival in Progresso.. Cozumel is a great beach day. You can look on the ports of call board and either pick someplace with a sandy beach farther from the port, or stay closer for snorkeling some place like MoneyBar. The other great option in Cozumel is Chankanaab for a dolphin swim or sea lion encounter and then a beach day (decent snorkeling from shore).

Be prepared for limited beach access at Chankanaab. Sea lion show was great though and the food was good. The Comedy shows were funny, but John Wesley Allen’s (?) was quite vulgar, but good. Al Katz’s 18+ show was tame by comparison, and really funny. I don’t know if they still on though.

Be prepared for limited beach access at Chankanaab. Sea lion show was great though and the food was good. The Comedy shows were funny, but John Wesley Allen’s (?) was quite vulgar, but good. Al Katz’s 18+ show was tame by comparison, and really funny. I don’t know if they still on though.

I am not sure what you mean by limited beach access. Chankanaab has a small cove that is sandy, but a good long stretch of sand up on the rock wall. If you are looking for a typical sandy beach, this is not the place to go. But if you want an animal encounter, some snorkeling and all the other things the park has to offer (trails, lagoon, crocodile exhibit etc) then it is a great choice. It's all about what you want to do!