Is Mercury construction done???

mlmagic

Hi all...

A question for those of you fresh off Merc...I had heard that not so long ago on a cruise after the short DD, that DURING a cruise there was quite a bit of construction going on??:confused: I am hoping that it is done now, as we leave soon on Merc. It will be my Mom's first and I want her to experience everything the ship has! Does anyone know if all the heavy construction is done and all is normal for the most part? Thanks alot!!:)

We sailed on Mercury 6/29 through 7/6. No work going on that we could see. The aft balconies are done, pool redecking done, interior refurbishment done, so far as we know. Doesn't mean a project won't pop up here and there, though! -- TR

We sailed on Mercury 6/29 through 7/6. No work going on that we could see. The aft balconies are done, pool redecking done, interior refurbishment done, so far as we know. Doesn't mean a project won't pop up here and there, though! -- TR

Trcori,

We are going on the Mercury in September - can you give more details on what specifically was done or a link to the details would be great?:confused:

Trcori,

We are going on the Mercury in September - can you give more details on what specifically was done or a link to the details would be great?:confused:

Heres a link to one of the press releases, this one covers work done last year and this year.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/celebrity/General_info/Flyers/07007006_MR_Refurbishment.pdf

We were on the "construction cruise"in April.During the cruise they were building the aft balconies,the shops were closed and being remodeled.The pool deck was being resurfaced and the pools unusable.It wasn't a bad cruise just not what we've experienced with Celebrity in the past.I'm sure it's all been completed by now:)

Just curious--did they advise you of all this before you booked or departed? Was there any reduced price? Many land based resorts will alert you ahead of time & also offer lower prices during the refurb periods to those willing to live through it all! Not having a pool or the stores limits some activiteis people may enjoy!

We knew through this board that the Mercury was coming out of drydock from the week before.Celebrity did not inform us ahead of time.We did write a letter detailing what we saw and letting Celebrity know that we had spoken with some first time cruisers who were not impressed.It was a Pacific Northwest cruise and I'm sure Celebrity assumed the weather would keep people out of the pools.Who could have expected an 80 degree day in April in Seattle?To their credit we did recieve a letter and a future cruise savings certificate.Would we sail with Celebrity again?We're already booked for a cruise in September!

Archived