Disappointed with explorer

Thank you that's made it much clearer. Do you know if the wine by the glass limit on the select package has gone up to $9 or is it still 8

The limit is $8 on sailings where the drink prices do not include gratuities.

Thank you, what about to links to bar menus, and are all beers included in the select package.....I'm not obsessed by alcohol, I just have a teen and want to make sure he knows what he can have. Lol

The most recent bar menus I've seen on board don't have prices anymore.

To my knowledge, all beer is included except for the 750ml Chimay.

Thanks. Does anyone have a link to photos of bar menus so I can see what wine I can get for my$8

Karen

Here's a list of the reds $8 per glass ($9 inclusive of gratuity), that were available on Explorer this May, with the Select Package:

724 Peter Lehman, South Australia, Shiraz

133 Blackstone, California, Syrah

536 Castle Rock, California, Pinot Noir

709 Estancia, California, Pinot Noir

275 Reserve St Martin, France, Merlot

668 Clos du Bois, California, Merlot

503 Terras de los Andes, Argentina, Malbec

675 Trumpeter by Rutini, Argenitina, Malbec

636 Clos du Bois, California, Cabernet Sauvignon

671 Castle Rock, Cloumbia Valley, Cabernet Sauvignon

687 Aussieres Rouge, France, Cabernet Sauvignon

405 Kendall Jackson, California, Cabernet Sauvignon

For more expensive wines you are simply charged the difference.

I don't drink white so did not take note of them but I think there was;

346 Valdo Brut, Prosecco, Veneto Italy

330 Pinot Grigio, Guala Italy

164 California Sauvignon Blanc

265 Castello del Poggio, Moscato, Italy

504 Kendal Jackson Vintner's reserve, Riesling, California

646 Penfolds Chardonnay, South Australia

658 Clos du Bois, chardonnay, California

Edited by icsys

Thank you that's very helpful. Plenty of choice. One last question. Does anyone know whether the select package covers ales and bitters.....my husband isn't a lager drinker

Here is the pub menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46668454&postcount=12

Chimay Blue is not included in any package.

Edited by clarea

We were on the same 13 night 29/06 Explorer cruise but had a very different experience. We never waited long at a bar - whether deck4/5 bars or pool bar for a drink. The only disappointment we had was with the MDR - we found the menu limited and the food just ok. The service everywhere was excellent. We ate a lot in the Windjammer because the staff got to know us - we always sat in the same area and they always came to assist with the baby.

We were always able to find a sun lounger - sometimes not in the exact spot we wanted but usually nearby. One problem I had was that we nipped for a snack once for 10 minutes and came back to find someone sitting on our seats even though we left all our things there - and they wouldn't move! We found sitting around the pool a good way to get a drink as there were continually waiters/waitresses coming around asking if anyone wanted bar service.

Top buzzer we never got to meet. Was so looking forward to seeing your cabin on the cabin crawl. Did u guys forget?

Edited by cymru cruiser

Top buzzer we never got to meet. Was so looking forward to seeing your cabin on the cabin crawl. Did u guys forget?

Hi Cymru

We didn't forget - I had 3.45 on the Friday on my phone calendar but no location!!! We didn't get off the ship the day before so I couldn't access wifi to check. I couldn't think how else to find out where the meeting point would be! I came to the meet and mingle but was quite late due to baby and time change. We had a really brilliant cruise. I have photos of our room I can post if I can figure out how to add photos. The room was fab. Quite a lot of movement though being so high up on the front of the ship.

It's good to hear a nice review. We sail on 26th. First time cruisers. We have the select package as part of our deal, if we want a drink at a bar or pool how do the staff know we have this package. Sorry if it seems like a silly question

Hi Karen, Have a lovely cruise,

We have cruised a few times and top tip go to breakfast in the main dining room sometimes, The windjammer can be very busy some mornings. Have a lunch in the MDR on sea days also. MDR breakfast is a sit down watered service.

Hi Cymru

We didn't forget - I had 3.45 on the Friday on my phone calendar but no location!!! We didn't get off the ship the day before so I couldn't access wifi to check. I couldn't think how else to find out where the meeting point would be! I came to the meet and mingle but was quite late due to baby and time change. We had a really brilliant cruise. I have photos of our room I can post if I can figure out how to add photos. The room was fab. Quite a lot of movement though being so high up on the front of the ship.

Oh no bless you, you hadn't written down that we were meeting in the library. I chose the library because the first 3 cabins were on deck 7.

If you keep a watch on my review which is nearly done, you'll see some photos of the different cabins we saw.

We had a brilliant time too, there were just a couple of little niggles. There was quite a bit of movement where ever your cabin was I think from what we experienced and other folk said. I don't mind the movement it only bothers me when I'm lying in bed because it disorientates me.

Glad you've worked out how to add photos.

To make them large you need to upload them to a hosting site such a photo bucket or flickr then copy and paste them across.

Hi Karen, Have a lovely cruise,

We have cruised a few times and top tip go to breakfast in the main dining room sometimes, The windjammer can be very busy some mornings. Have a lunch in the MDR on sea days also. MDR breakfast is a sit down watered service.

ditto! and mdr deck 3 for lunch is brasserie 30 which alternates hot and cold buffet or 3 course menu. Either of them also include the famous Tutti Salad bar which we became a big fan of!!

I think the bar staff is working as hard as they can, and I would not be surprised if they already do get some amount of tip incentive based on the number of drinks they serve. However, as Pete mentioned (and as we have observed), it appears that there is less bar staff to go around, leading me to believe that as the packages get more popular, the company has an incentive to reduce staff.

... and isn't this just a brilliant way to rip off your loyal customers. Make it hard for them to obtain the liquor they have already paid for ahead of time. Bravo RC. :rolleyes: