Obsession with Alcohol

LaidBack

I read posts on many Cruise Critic boards. Still, I must say the Carnival board is obsessed with alcohol. "Can't wait to get my first DOD" etc. I have been on two Carnival cruises and have no plans ever to return. Just too difficult to step over the vomit on the decks. If that's why you cruise, more power to you. But bring some paper towels.

I read posts on many Cruise Critic boards. Still, I must say the Carnival board is obsessed with alcohol. "Can't wait to get my first DOD" etc. I have been on two Carnival cruises and have no plans ever to return. Just too difficult to step over the vomit on the decks. If that's why you cruise, more power to you. But bring some paper towels.

Welcome to the Carnival board. NOW GO AWAY! On all my cruises I have never seen 'vomit on the decks'. And my group DOES enjoy alcohol!

It is a vacation!!!

I've never seen any vomit on any ship I've sailed on.

I've also seen very few unruly drunks on board.

I know they exist (on all ships), but I have been pleasantly surprised to date.

Well, if you're never sailing Carnival again, then no reason to visit the Carnival boards. :rolleyes: And, just for the record, we cruised Princess once and saw many more "drunks" there than we've ever seen on Carnival--one woman even fell into my DH's lap on formal night. Never once in six cruises on Carnival have I had to step over vomit on the decks.

The fact of the matter is people are on vacation and many of them will chose to drink...on all types of vacations and various cruise lines. Carnival doesn't have a corner on that market.

You'll be missed!

20 years ago we were on some CCL cruises where high school groups were on board and drunk and rowdy. Someone vomitted in the hall outside our room, but since CCL has changed it's policies we've not seen any major drunken problems. We had a table mate on one cruise that usually was drunk but he was an adult and funny. If you don't like CCL try another cruise line. We found Princess and Cunard more elderly and sedate and maybe that would be more to your liking.

A friend and I was on the Fascination during college spring break last year and although I have never seen any vomit on deck, I did hear a group of girls outside of my cabin very late one night and one was definitely vomiting right outside my door.

I drifted off back to sleep and my girlfriend got up early and on her way to the Lido for breakfast, stepped in it! :eek: She had slept through it all and didn't know it was there.

Thankfully, by the time I got up, it was all cleaned up.

It didn't bother me one bit. I thought as long as it wasn't me throwing up, I could care less.

We're early 50's and work at a university and took off during our spring break for the cruise. Would we cruise again during spring break? Heck yeah! We partied just as hard as the college students! LOL!

It's the posters 2nd post which is an ALERT for "TROLL"

Archived