Coral Speciality Restaurants

On past Princess Cruises we have enjoyed either the Crown Grill or Sterling Steak House.

I've just noticed that for our next cruise on the Coral, only Bayou and Sabatini's are available.

I've skimmed the menus on line. Am I correct that neither offers a more traditional steak, filet mignon, dinner? We don't eat much steak at home, so such a dinner is a special cruise treat for us.

Ruth

PS I'm having intermittent problems -- get error message -- in posting replies. Should I not respond that's why, but an advance thank you, from the bottom of our stomachs.

On past Princess Cruises we have enjoyed either the Crown Grill or Sterling Steak House.

I've just noticed that for our next cruise on the Coral, only Bayou and Sabatini's are available.

I've skimmed the menus on line. Am I correct that neither offers a more traditional steak, filet mignon, dinner? We don't eat much steak at home, so such a dinner is a special cruise treat for us.

Ruth

PS I'm having intermittent problems -- get error message -- in posting replies. Should I not respond that's why, but an advance thank you, from the bottom of our stomachs.

The Bayou Cafe is a steakhouse offering a filet, New York strip, and porterhouse with Cajun inspired seasonings. Sabatini's also offers a strip steak. We have enjoyed the filet several times at the Bayou Cafe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We like the Bayou Cafe on the Coral and always go at once least during the cruise.

Here is a couple of pictures of dinner:

The Filet:

25105566315_f940003f10_z.jpgA24 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

24737898799_bd983eb041_z.jpgA26 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

The side items to be shared:

24987386982_7b25e3e493_z.jpgA25 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

The selection of steaks they had on display:

25105566235_5327501df1_z.jpgA27 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

24809962740_58449941a7_z.jpgA28 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

We dined in the Bayou on the Coral two years ago. It was delicious! My friend and I wanted Losbster and the guys steak. Our waiter talked into ordering the filet along with the lobster as the lobster is extra. We had the best lobster and the most tender steak. We could not eat it all!!! But we sure tried! We are from Montana and enjoy our beef - this was very good!!