Koningsdam dining time change

murphy4

first time on HA. when I booked the only time available for MDR was late or anytime dining. I am waistlisted for early dining. When I have been on other lines I could go to the MDR as soon as I got on board to change to early dining. Does HA have that option? I need early dining with a set wait staff due to food allergies and other dietary issues.

The place and time to meet with the dining room manager to try and get your dining time changed will be listed in the daily program. You have to be patient as there are times when a lot of people line up to change dining times.

Open Seating does allow you to make reservations for times between 5:15 - 6:15 and 7:30 -9. You can ask for a specific table and make reservations for 3 days at a time at the same table.

The place and time to meet with the dining room manager to try and get your dining time changed will be listed in the daily program. You have to be patient as there are times when a lot of people line up to change dining times.

Open Seating does allow you to make reservations for times between 5:15 - 6:15 and 7:30 -9. You can ask for a specific table and make reservations for 3 days at a time at the same table.

I am also interested in this as we are sailing on the K in March. Can I ask the best way and time to make the reservation for the first night? Do you recommend visiting the maître d or dining rm staff upon embarkation? Will we be able to walk into the dining room to pick out the table or will they select the location? New to HAL so eager to learn how they do it. Thanks a bunch. Jennifer

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am also interested in this as we are sailing on the K in March. Can I ask the best way and time to make the reservation for the first night? Do you recommend visiting the maître d or dining rm staff upon embarkation? Will we be able to walk into the dining room to pick out the table or will they select the location? New to HAL so eager to learn how they do it. Thanks a bunch. Jennifer

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There usually is a place to make a dining reservation at open seating for the first night. Usually it's a second station in the same lounge as the one where fixed dining problems are resolved. As KK said, check the daily program when you board. I don't think I've ever seen this done in the MDR. It's usually done in one of the lounges. Perhaps this is to discourage people from "shopping" for specific tables. You could walk around the MDR first and see if there's an area you'd like to sit in and then request it. But they won't guarantee that you'll get it.

Although some ships may make open seating reservations as late as 6:15 as KK said, we've never been able to get later than 5:30.

Look at THIS PDF and make a list of the tables you would like. When we were on the K Open and Fixed dining were mixed on both levels. (I don't know what the yellow or pink marking on some tables signify, but we chose an Open dining table for two on the railing on the upper level that is not marked yellow or pink.) Go to a podium near or at the Canaletto or dial 88 from your room, going down the list until you find an available one. The steward will tell you that the table won't be guaranteed, but so far we've always gotten what we requested. You can request 3 days at a time.

Edited by catl331

Look at THIS PDF and make a list of the tables you would like. When we were on the K Open and Fixed dining were mixed on both levels. (I don't know what the yellow or pink marking on some tables signify, but we chose an Open dining table for two on the railing on the upper level that is not marked yellow or pink.) Go to a podium near or at the Canaletto or dial 88 from your room, going down the list until you find an available one. The steward will tell you that the table won't be guaranteed, but so far we've always gotten what we requested. You can request 3 days at a time.
Thank you catl331 for this PDF. Very useful info! I wonder if anyone here might be able to tell us what the yellow tables and red chairs mean.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

There usually is a place to make a dining reservation at open seating for the first night. Usually it's a second station in the same lounge as the one where fixed dining problems are resolved. As KK said, check the daily program when you board. I don't think I've ever seen this done in the MDR. It's usually done in one of the lounges. Perhaps this is to discourage people from "shopping" for specific tables. You could walk around the MDR first and see if there's an area you'd like to sit in and then request it. But they won't guarantee that you'll get it.

Although some ships may make open seating reservations as late as 6:15 as KK said, we've never been able to get later than 5:30.

Likewise. I have never been able to make a reservation at 6:15 either no matter how far in advance. It's always been 5:30.