Oasis Vitality Spa Thermal Membership

feenix

Don’t remember the cost but after seeing there were only four heated loungers, all of which faced a wall, we passed. Seriously disappointing that they couldn’t find a place so you can look out to the sea. I don’t think you will have any problem getting a spot.

From what I understand, some of Royal's other ships have thermal suites with a view, but on Oasis-class ships, it's way down in the ship in the spa area, no windows, no view, although it is fairly nicely decorated. We were on Oasis and Allure a number of years ago, and back then it was approximately $200 for a couple's pass for the week. You stop at the spa desk for a locker key and shower shoes if you don't have your own. Robes and towels are also provided. The men's locker room is a bit cramped, but has showers and toilet facilities. You have to go down a hallway from there to get to the thermal suite, which has four heated ceramic lounges, two specialty showers with rain, mist, waterfall, and storm type settings, and a small sauna, steam room, and aromatherapy room (basically another steam room with scent). It can be cramped and these are not laid out very well. If you're not sitting in the right place, you will have to move to avoid being scalded by the steam when it comes on, for instance. Coming from enjoying the spacious, free facilities on many of Royal's other ships, we find the thermal suite to be a major disappointment, but if you really want to sauna/steam on your cruise, it's your only option on the newer ships. If it's not crowded, at the off-times, it can be nice enough, but if there are a lot of people using it, it can be noisy and busy, especially if people try to "save" lounges with their robe or towel.

I like thermal suite and spa experience and tend to book it on any ship that has it. Tried this on QM2, P&O Ventura, Caribbean Princess, Celebrity Constellation and Allure. Least impressed with Allure regarding layout. A little cramped for me.

Best idea is to ask for a tour. They will do that any time but I find it useful to do this on the first day. You can see for yourself and make up your mind.

When we did this on Allure, it wasn't busy but of course it might depend on when you go. To be honest, it loses its appeal on a Caribbean itinerary as sitting on the sun deck is far more relaxing.

Echoing what everyone else here has said...I did the Thermal Suite a few years ago on Allure, and was very disappointed. The heated loungers themselves are nice - I would head down there around 9:30 pm to relax a bit before heading to bed - but I was staring at a WALL. Of doors. Gah.

The Radiance class ships have amazing sea views in their Thermal Suite, so it was a huge let down.