Beach Bar or Beach Club

Tagong

Hi all - I have frequented this board over the last 6-months as we are booked on a Southern Caribbean cruise in January/February 2016. I've read a lot about some great beaches but none are exactly what we're hoping to find. I understand that what we'd like may not exist which is fine as we will have a good time on any beach but figured I'd ask before making a decision.

I'm looking for reco's for an excellent beach day. Here is a little bit about us and what we're looking for:

- 4 adults (32-38yrs) and 2 kids (18 months to 3.5 yrs) [we aren't worried about napping schedules we'll be on the beach all day]

- calm, clean water (if you know a beach that is protected by a reef or is more calm than others please let me know)

- nice facilities (bar/restaurant/clean washrooms - shower is a bonus)

- chair and umbrella rentals available (maybe they have cabanas?)

- we don't mind paying a little more for more amenities and better quality

I haven't heard of any place that offers cabanas yet. Interested in one of these for the little ones. It doesn't need to be as elaborate as what you'd find on the private islands but something that provides a little more space and a little more shade than a traditional umbrella and chair.

If this doesn't exist I'd very much welcome any other beach suggestions. I have heard the following are good and it sounds like they meet most of my (picky?) criteria: Accra, Boatyard, Paynes.

Thanks in advance,

Quiet, calm with restaurants around...you could also swim out to the turtles from there...our favorite beach is Accra/rockley, but there are waves there...no cabanas around that I know of...maybe an all inclusive place but I am not familiar with those...just lounges and umbrellas...

Try caribbeandaypass dot com and see if anything fits your needs. I would rule out the Hilton. They have a lovely pool and hotel but the swimming area is very wavy and rough and drops off.

I'm considering a different one for the next trip.

• 1 month later...

Tagnog

So we are going in December of 2015 and in similar situation with family and it seems like you have the same desires as us. Did you finalize after doing more research? Im curious. The ones we have so far are Almond beach resorts (Heywood I think husband said), Mullin Beach, or Paynes. Sorry trying to read his chicken scratch writing.

Talk soon

celeste

• 2 weeks later...

No, I have not and keep wavering on it all. I am not sure why this island out of all of our trips places is giving me so much trouble to decide. I feel like the prices are a little high for what you get and I see that a lot of people do the boat tours but I just want to do beach day on this one. Other islands we are doing tours so I need a break for us and little guy. I did read a lot of negative on Hilton day pass so thats a bust. I am debating the Almond beach one but have not heard back from them yet. The boatyard seems really flooded with people and potential rougher waters than the west coast. Please do keep in touch if you find out more.

Celeste

• 2 months later...
ArtsyChic - have you already left on your cruise? Are you back yet? Curious to see where you ended up deciding to visit. We're wavering between two places (Weisers and JuJu's).

Yes just for back....ok so here is the deal that we experienced. Traffic can be a big issue on the island especially if you are not only ship in port and taxis are like meat market too. But thats sort of the MO for most of the islands. lol

We were going to do Crystal Cove or Almond Beach as far as the two top resorts experiences with all inclusive but then when we docked we switched to Habour Lights on Carlise Bay (spelling?) which sand is just perfect, food good, and drinks also. Get there early and sit on comfortable loungers and umbrellas. It was just enough without spending all that extra money for all inclusive and taxi. And that is coming from a family that usually does that sort of thing especially with cabanas...so those are my thoughts...hope it helps..If you are going to St. Kitts then top recommendation is Spice Mill Restaurant on turtle beach with all the amenities and lion den place next door is delicious for food.