Private driver and car in Bali

azmar

On my last visit (staying in Seminyak and Sanur,) we used the same driver several times. Very reliable, very dependable, good company and trustworthy. On one excursion we arrived at the Elephant Safari minus the battery to my camera. We gave him our hotel key and he went back to retrieve it for us (a 90 min round trip) while we visited the park. I don’t think there are too many I would have trusted to have done that.... and it also demonstrates how helpful he is.

I know I have his business card which I kept for my next visit and because I’ve never met anyone more deserving of a recommendation. His rates for the day (in 2010) was US$25 per day in his immaculate 7 seater. (And no I don’t mean each person). Needless to say he got a nice tip.

I will always remember our final excursion to Tanalot. In the distance I could see a mountain which was yet snother volcano. My previous visit to Bali was in 1983... the year a BA flight was nearly downed by volcanic ash. The conversation that followed basically was “we only have 2 or 3 active volcanos in Europe and never have to worry about what happened to that BA flight. The next day, we left Bali at 6.30, and caught our connecting flight from Singapore to LHR. 5 1/2 hours into that flight, (and while i was watching the film 2012 at the exact moment the Yosemite super volcano went up)........”This is your captain speaking, due to Volcanic activity in London, we have to return to Singapore.” I was looking for the “you’ve been framed” camera. Yes after that conversation with our driver, how spookie for that to happen the next day. I’m sure he will remember us from that!. I certainly remember the 11 hour flight to nowhere and the weeks free hotel and food for the 4 of us at Singapore Airs expense.

Anyway... I know I have the details and will post a bit later. I’m assuming it is ok to post his details on the forum?

That's an easy one - happy to personally recommend Kadek from Bali Essential Tours @ http://www.baliessentialtours.com/ who has looked after myself and many cruising friends visiting Bali

Well rated by them and on Trip Advisor

He can recommend some options for you or work with you to cover your requirements

Drop him an email and he will respond promptly

Dewa Marco was one of the best tour guides we have had - anywhere. He responds very quickly to email inquiries. He is dependable, reliable and very knowledgeable about Bali. He will customize a tour based on your interests.

dewamarco@hotmail.com

hello@discoverbalitour.com

+ 62 8 1 2391 8718

My review: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297694-d6584084-r204435902-Discover_Bali_Tour-Denpasar_Bali.html

• 3 weeks later...

We recently used Dean and had a fabulous day with him. He was on time and picked the four of us up at the Benoa Cruise port. We visited Tenah Lot, had some local street food, drove up to North Bali to see the rice terraces and also had lunch there. I wish we had more time with him but were limited due to this being a cruise stop for just a few hours. When we go back to Bali for a longer stay, I would definitely use Dean again. He has a nice air conditioned SUV and is very easy to talk to. He responds to all my questions / emails and will tailor the day according to what you would like to see. He'll also make suggestions.

Sharon

http://distinctionbali.com

HP: +62-818344807

email : deanbalidean@gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/deandistinctionbali