Summit Alternative dining and other ??

stretch

Summit - Alaskan cruises, what are the alternative dining venues? Do they have a Murder Mystery like on RCI? We're new to Celebrity, our first cruise will be June 2005, southbound Alaskan Cruise/land tour. Any info would be appreciated.

Stretch

Barcrawlers on ice, where will we turn up next?

Carnival Celebration 08/97

Carnival Fantasy 02/99

RCI Explorer 05/02

RCI Brilliance 04/03 The Barcrawler Legend Begins

RCI Brilliance 03/04 The Return of the Barcrawlers

Celebrity Summit 06/10/2005

Barcrawlers in Alaska

email address: Stretchcrawler@yahoo.com

Unless they do something entirely different because it's Alaska, they do not have Murder Mystery dinners or other theme dinners. There is the main dining room, the alternative dining available up in the buffet dining area, room service, sushi until 10PM, spa cafe until 8PM (I'm pretty sure it's 8, might be 6) and of course the specialty dining room for a charge of either $25 or $30 pp. There is also pizza available & burgers out by the pool fairly late as well.

Hope this helps.

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Rosie,

My second cruise on Celebrity, first on Summit will be next April. What is the spa cafe, and what kind of food do they serve?

Thanks,

Denise

"To live on the land...we must learn from the sea"

(26 prior cruises & 2 flights on Concorde)

Stretch, you're more than welcome!

Denise,

The spa cafe is located in the forward area on the pool deck in the "spa" & T-pool area. They are a buffet of sorts. The have a counter with prepared "spa food" (lite) already plated which is fabulous, several different selections each meal & each day. If I remember correctly, they are open from either 6AM or 7 until either 6PM or 8! Sorry, can't remember everything! They also have single items likr different fruits & cereals for breakfast, desserts, breads, etc. Then the have a beverage station on the opposite side.

We REALLY loved it.

I will also say I gained only 4 pounds on an 11 nt cruise & I ate my "face off" at night, but did the spa cafe during the day!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Enjoy!

Rosie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Rosie,

Thanks for the info. Is the spa menu an extra cost, or included in the cruise fare?

Thanks again!

Catnip! (love your name!)

It is ALL included as is all food on board except for the Specialty Restaurants charge which they say is for the extra service tip of $25-30! (and well worth it)

Enjoy! You will love the Summit!!!! She's my girl!

icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Rosie

Spa Cafe is open from 7:30 AM to 8:00 PM. It is really good for lunch and on the 4/16 Summit cruise had two hot entrees available with a 15 minute lead time for preparation. The BW and I had one dinner there and 8 of 10 lunches. On Summit, it is staffed by the Normandie (Specialty Restaurant) staff. This is a great alternative to the main buffet. Food quality is excellent, and presentation is beautiful.

BTW, Normandie fee is now $30 per person. My Captains Club certificate was honored (mailed it in in advance), but for the $25 value that is shows on the coupon. The Normandie would have been easily worth the full $60 for one night. I had a discussion with our maitre'D in teh main dining room, and he said that he knew of several suite guests who had dropped down in cabin class in order to spend the difference in costs in dining in the Normandie.

But, you won't be disappointed in the Spa Cafe. I highly recommend it.

Majesty 9/01

Sovereign 12/02

Century 5/03

Enchantment 12/03

Summit 4/04

Thanks for the info! I am really looking forward to my cruise on Summit. I was on the Zenith a few years ago and loved all the trivia games. I have been on many cruises, but this will only be my 2nd on Celebrity (with many more to come, I hope!)

Archived