Anyone been on Radiance or Rhapsody this season...Formal night advice!

We were on a charter on the Volendam a couple of years back and found the food excellent so we are hoping it is still just as good. Will report back!

The Radiance food this time was way below anything we have had on Celebrity or HAL...and I whinged about how salty the Celebrity food was for part of our last cruise. The only food we have had at sea that was worse was the Sun Princess buffet we tried on a short cruise, the MDR food on Princess was much better.

Yes very true Kaseyoz, We were on the latest cruise and after going to the effort of "suiting up" I was amazed to see tshirt and shorts walking by in the dining room, on formal night. Then there were the "lads" strolling around all night with "tuxedo print tshirts"! It was a fun quick cruise though, did you know that Radiance had to re-dock tonight with another medical emergency? They are making a habit of it maybe!

Gnomey.

Oh dear I may or may not have been with some of those lads. What about you Kaseyoz? :rolleyes::eek::D

Oh dear I may or may not have been with some of those lads. What about you Kaseyoz? :rolleyes::eek::D

I saw them musicorn, in fact one of them bought me a couple of drinks so I stayed the night with him...:D...and he was married...:eek::eek:

I saw them musicorn, in fact one of them bought me a couple of drinks so I stayed the night with him...:D...and he was married...:eek::eek:

Not quite a lush..... He was my hubby and we were celebrating our 25th anniversary .

And we did not go in the dining room in t shirts just for the record.....

We have just come home from a cruise on Voyager of the Seas. Formal nights (3) men wore suits, tuxedoes and one gentleman was in white dinner jacket. Ladies in cocktail dresses or pants and dressy

My husband wore a suit and tie for formal evenings. I had 3 different outfits for formal night and felt I could have got away with just one or two. As usual I overpacked.

Loved formal nights and my husband didn't complain once about having to dress up. It felt very grand walking into the MDR on his arm.

Interesting that the different ships had different experiences of formal nights. I suspect Voyager was off to NZ and Radiance was the Islands so a different demographic altogether.

Makes for interesting cruising :)

Hmm -- we went on both Voyager and Radiance this year -- I can't say that I noticed much of a difference between the two, in regards to men's wear on so-called Formal nights. . There were probably more Tuxes onboard Voyager to NZ than there were on Radiance up the Qld coast ( but there were an abnormal number of Canadians on that cruise (1200?) who had flown to Sydney with limited airline luggage allowances) -- but still not many - possibly no more than around 50 out of 1500? men. Most were dressed in suits/jackets/collar and ties of one sort or another. Not really "formal" at all -- more what would be called semi-formal in other quarters. :)

Barry