Car and Driver in Amsterdam?

My wife and I and another couple will be in Amsterdam in September for a few days before leaving on a cruise. I'd like to visit some of the sites north of the city that relate to the Zuider Zee reclamation project, but I find that no organized group tours go to the sites I'd like to see. Has anyone had experience hiring a private car and driver for such a day trip out of Amsterdam? If so, I'd appreciate any recommendations. Thanks.

This driver Marius has transported many cruisers and others ober some years. Unfortunately he will stop at the end of this year and will be on vacation Sept. 13 till Oct. 1.

Maybe you are lucky and he can transport you. He speaks excellent english and is a safe driver. http://www.dagtoertaxi.nl/services.html

So send him an email with your request.

Many thanks to both Ine and LHT28 for their recommendation of Marius. From his website, it appears he would be exactly what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, his scheduled vacation overlaps with the few days in mid-Sept. when we'll be in Amsterdam. Any other suggestions? I'm sure there must be others who provide similar service to what Marius does. Thanks again.

Many thanks to both Ine and LHT28 for their recommendation of Marius. From his website, it appears he would be exactly what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, his scheduled vacation overlaps with the few days in mid-Sept. when we'll be in Amsterdam. Any other suggestions? I'm sure there must be others who provide similar service to what Marius does. Thanks again.

did you check the person he recommended on his website ??

http://dagtoer.simplesite.com/438821995