Serenade of the Seas - November 17th Cruise Review

hallasm

Thanks Mogens for your great reportage. I will be on the same itinerary in two weeks (the 15th, like kovacsmi and Ottocal).

I am really interested in your experiences at the Costa Maya port.

My review is in progress - the is the current draft of the review - individual days including Costa Mays will be published very soon. I'll post when available.

Serenade just returned from Europe, so unless the OP posts scans, there are no other recent Compasses.

I have uploaded the the Compasses to my review at this link - not the best scanning quality - let me know if anything is missing or not possible to read.

My review is in progress - the is the current draft of the review - individual days including Costa Mays will be published very soon. I'll post when available.

I have uploaded the the Compasses to my review at this link - not the best scanning quality - let me know if anything is missing or not possible to read.

Scans are very readable, thanks much! If you still have the Luggage Valet flyer, that might be useful to some.

Scans are very readable, thanks much! If you still have the Luggage Valet flyer, that might be useful to some.

Not sure what you mean with Luggage Valet flyer - I did not get anything else that the 'as you depart' and luggage tags 16 for the MIA airport transfer.

Not sure what you mean with Luggage Valet flyer - I did not get anything else that the 'as you depart' and luggage tags 16 for the MIA airport transfer.

No problem, it could be that they did not offer that service on your sailing. Luggage Valet is an extra cost service. It's a way to get your luggage taken from outside your stateroom on the last night directly to the airport so you don't have to deal with it until you arrive at your final destination.

No problem, it could be that they did not offer that service on your sailing. Luggage Valet is an extra cost service. It's a way to get your luggage taken from outside your stateroom on the last night directly to the airport so you don't have to deal with it until you arrive at your final destination.

Thank you for the clarification. At least not offered to me - but I do not believe it was offered at all for this sailing.

Thank you for sharing the video of the ocean balcony stateroom. I'm going on the Serenade in December, and I have the same type of room booked. Looks beautiful! Hope you enjoyed your cruise! :D

We did have two cabins: E2-8538 Deluxe Ocean view Strm w/Balcony and H-4582 Large Ocean View Stateroom.

Both at the beginning of the hallway - close to stairs and elevators - 4582 was located close to Centrum and 8538 close to forward stairs/elevators.

I did expect noise from Centrum in cabin 4582 - there was a door between Centrum and the hallway - absolutely no noise!

Two short videos from the Cabins:

A_8hSZW2CPo

h91Y6hCvR0Y

Thank you for all the information including taking the time to can the cruise compasses!

Sunnydayzs1 and kovacsmi - thank you for your comments - indeed enjoyed the cruise.

A video including our ports of call - videos from the individual ports will be included in my review.

Western Caribbean Cruise - Serenade of the Seas from Fort Lauderdale - November 17 to 24, 2017.

Port of call: Key West; Coxen Hole, Roatan; Costa Maya and Cozumel.

UiKBTSUzj6Q

Thank you for your report and I really look forward to your review when it i finished!! :)

Your daily compasses are very informative, although I am not booked on a Radiance-Class ship at the moment.

I like that there's two complimentary restaurants on the upper deck - WIndjammer buffet and Park Café, which is open until midnight mostly, where you can get snacks for evening movies at the pool deck. :)

Thanks Mogens for your great reportage. I will be on the same itinerary in two weeks (the 15th, like kovacsmi and Ottocal).

I am really interested in your experiences at the Costa Maya port.

Thanks Harald

I have now posted the full review - however still draft and more will be added

Post on Day 5 - Costa Maya

The entire review

Since English is not my first language, please let me know if wording should be changed in order to make it more understandable - questions and comments are welcome.

They were having issues with luggage valet so it wasn't offered this cruise. I talked with the gentleman from guest services that usually does the processing. He was hoping to be able to do it for the cruise that started the 24th.

Your English is great, and we appreciate your review and photos!

What did you think of the American Thanksgiving celebration you had on your last night?

I have now posted the full review - however still draft and more will be added

Post on Day 5 - Costa Maya

The entire review

Since English is not my first language, please let me know if wording should be changed in order to make it more understandable - questions and comments are welcome.

Thank you.

In Denmark we do not have any Thanksgiving traditions - so really didn’t know what to expect. Apart from the cake in Windjammer for lunch and the Turkey and pumpkin pie for dinner I didn’t notice other activities - but didn’t seek other or expected much more. I might not be the right person to ask. Also Christmas decorations in Centrum and Christmas three I MDR.

Thank you.

In Denmark we do not have any Thanksgiving traditions - so really didn’t know what to expect. Apart from the cake in Windjammer for lunch and the Turkey and pumpkin pie for dinner I didn’t notice other activities - but didn’t seek other or expected much more. I might not be the right person to ask. Also Christmas decorations in Centrum and Christmas three I MDR.

As an Austrian, I noted that Thanksgiving is primarily the get-together of families, of which everyone has pleasant childhood food memories. My American family relishes it and it is a fun experience.

On a cruise, only the traditional food can be re-created. My grandfather was Danish (Aabenraa), my .father German, so all culinary memories stem from my mother's Austrian side, no turkey there in the fifties.

Thank you for the port reviews.

Harald

As an Austrian, I noted that Thanksgiving is primarily the get-together of families, of which everyone has pleasant childhood food memories. My American family relishes it and it is a fun experience.

On a cruise, only the traditional food can be re-created. My grandfather was Danish (Aabenraa), my .father German, so all culinary memories stem from my mother's Austrian side, no turkey there in the fifties.

Thank you for the port reviews.

Harald

Thank you for your comments - your given name is also a common Danish name!

• 2 weeks later...
Wonderful reviews and photos! We are cruising the Serenade in March and cannot wait! We do have one question for you... Did you notice if the Serenade had the freestyle Coca Cola machines in the Windjammer or elsewhere on the ship?

Thanks so much!

Angie

No Freestyle machines on Serenade.

Wonderful reviews and photos! We are cruising the Serenade in March and cannot wait! We do have one question for you... Did you notice if the Serenade had the freestyle Coca Cola machines in the Windjammer or elsewhere on the ship?

Thanks so much!

Angie

Thanks for your feedback - and your question answered.