Buying a New Point & Shoot Camera

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/inching-forward-canon-powershot-g5-x-review-posted

It competes in the rather small category of 1" sensor enthusiast cameras. It is Canon's answer to the Sony RX100 (and uses a version of the same sensor). It's one of the few P&S that can hold a candle to a typical dSLR.

Thanks for the information.....:):):)

Bob

Here is a great web site to compare different cameras. Just input camera a go. I put your camera and the Sony RX100 to compare. It's a great place to start to look for getting a new camera.

http://cameradecision.com/compare/Canon-PowerShot-G5-X-vs-Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-RX100

Tom :cool:

Very cool site. Thanks for sharing.....:):):)

Bob

After doing a lot of research, I went ahead and purchased the PowerShot G5X. The only two negatives that really concerned me were the slow raw shooting and the short battery life. I bought a second battery and decided that I'd leave the raw shooting to my 70D. Thanks again for all of the replies....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

• 2 weeks later...
After doing a lot of research, I went ahead and purchased the PowerShot G5X. The only two negatives that really concerned me were the slow raw shooting and the short battery life. I bought a second battery and decided that I'd leave the raw shooting to my 70D. Thanks again for all of the replies....:):):)

Bob

Good choice. I've worn out a 7d shooting my daughters high school and collegiate track seasons. My new 70d gets very little use. Not many photos of her now she's an accountant.

I bought a new Nikon super zoom after Christmas as my new goof off camera that stays in the car. So far I like it.

The other one I beat around a bunch is a Nikon 3100 I bought refurbished from Adorama. It looked new at time of purchase and it's been flawless. I just gave it to a younger person getting into photography. It was my first Nikon DSLR. The old Nikon F2 from 1976 remains in the safe!

• 4 weeks later...

I like the Nikon AW 130 for versatility: it can go underwater; has built in WiFi so you can back up photos to your iphone, ipad etc. takes great photos. You can buy an inexpensive float device to attach to the camera if you do take it in the water 16 megalpixels. comes in various colors. Video and picture capable.

• 2 months later...
Here is a great web site to compare different cameras. Just input camera a go. I put your camera and the Sony RX100 to compare. It's a great place to start to look for getting a new camera.

http://cameradecision.com/compare/Canon-PowerShot-G5-X-vs-Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-RX100

Tom :cool:

I agree, this is a good comparison site. Thanks for sharing it. Tom