Chacchoben Ruins

Fastfreddy03

HI

We are cruising to Costa Maya arriving at 11am leaving at 6pm.

We have seen a tour through Native Choice Tours to Chacchoben Ruins. 4 hrs total.

We would also like to go to Mahahual for a bit.

We are new to cruising and are wondering with getting on and off the ship , will we be too rushed to fit in the ruins tour and still have some time at the beach?

Any advise would be apprieciated.

Just done the chacchoben tour with native choice last week, very good all round and lasted exactly 4 hours as they said, 1 hour drive there and back, 2 hours at the site and returned to port entrance, if you ask I'm sure they will drop you at the beach which is only 5 mins away if not get a taxi at port gates $2 p/p get off at blue kay best beach water area and walk along the malecon, plenty of taxis to take you back

I just got back from my cruise last week and used Native Choice on Nov. 1. It is a very professional company. Upon arrival they had my name on the list and then I was given a wrist band. I waited and the drivers and tour guides were waiting outside with you while we waited for everyone to show up. They had a cooler there with water you can have while you wait. When it was time their vans pulled up and you walked right on. Their vans are cleaned after every trip. The van was very clean. You get a driver and a tour guide. No detail was overlooked. The guide was very informative. Raul and Miguel on van number 14 was who I had. Great couple of guys. All of the people with this company was very courteous and friendly. There were even two or three people that were late and missed the van and they arranged to have them catch up with the rest of us. While at the ruins Miguel even brought water to us.

After the tour was over I asked if they could take me to Mahahual downtown and they did that with no problem.

Excellent company!

Do you think i will have time to go to beach? Given my time in port?

I had from 10am to 6pm. Your tour will leave at 12pm and get back at 4pm. That will give you about an hour there.

It only takes about 5 minutes to get back to the port dropoff point and there are plenty of taxis sitting there waiting on you. I got my taxi for $3.

Once you get dropped off you need about 10-15 minutes to walk back to the ship with no stopping.

Thanks for the Info

I had from 10am to 6pm. Your tour will leave at 12pm and get back at 4pm. That will give you about an hour there.

It only takes about 5 minutes to get back to the port dropoff point and there are plenty of taxis sitting there waiting on you. I got my taxi for $3.

Once you get dropped off you need about 10-15 minutes to walk back to the ship with no stopping.

I just got back from my cruise last week and used Native Choice on Nov. 1. It is a very professional company. Upon arrival they had my name on the list and then I was given a wrist band. I waited and the drivers and tour guides were waiting outside with you while we waited for everyone to show up. They had a cooler there with water you can have while you wait. When it was time their vans pulled up and you walked right on. Their vans are cleaned after every trip. The van was very clean. You get a driver and a tour guide. No detail was overlooked. The guide was very informative. Raul and Miguel on van number 14 was who I had. Great couple of guys. All of the people with this company was very courteous and friendly. There were even two or three people that were late and missed the van and they arranged to have them catch up with the rest of us. While at the ruins Miguel even brought water to us.

After the tour was over I asked if they could take me to Mahahual downtown and they did that with no problem.

Excellent company!

Hi outbackpaul! How many people were on each van? We like to book privately so we don't have to be on large bus with 50 other people from the ship. And do you know if they have tours earlier than 12? We arrive at 8 and it would be nice to go in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi outbackpaul! How many people were on each van? We like to book privately so we don't have to be on large bus with 50 other people from the ship. And do you know if they have tours earlier than 12? We arrive at 8 and it would be nice to go in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think there were around 12 people on the van. I have a picture I could upload when I get home.

It's my understanding that they always start the tour one hour after you ship docks.

Last week the MSC Divina docked 30 minutes earlier that was on our itinerary. They used the updated time that was on our daily to use for our tour start time.

Edited by outbackpaul
Added the last two sentences.

I think there were around 12 people on the van. I have a picture I could upload when I get home.

It's my understanding that they always start the tour one hour after you ship docks.

Last week the MSC Divina docked 30 minutes earlier that was on our itinerary. They used the updated time that was on our daily to use for our tour start time.

Thank you! Pictures would be great!