mitsugirly

SissasMomE

I'm sorry for starting a thread with your name in it, but I need help! I tried to get you over on the Cozumel board, but I haven't had luck. I see you have been to Playa Mia, Chakannub, and Nochi Cocum. I previously booked another excursion on your recommendation, and the whole family loved it. So .... which would you pick out of those 3? We haven't been to any of them previously. Thanks! :D

Edited by SissasMomE

Hi! I'm not mitsugirly, but I have been to all three of those places in Cozumel and I would recommend Nachi Cocum, hands down! Chankanaab and Playa Mia were very, very "touristy" and just felt over crowded and well, average. Nachi Cocum was awesome. The food was excellent, our kids loved the pool and the beach. They had water inflatables for the kids to climb on, you could go out snorkeling or jet skiing (extra). They also had hammocks, cute little palapas to relax beneath and impeccable service for anything you wanted to drink all day.

Good luck with your decision! :)

I'm sorry for starting a thread with your name in it, but I need help! I tried to get you over on the Cozumel board, but I haven't had luck. I see you have been to Playa Mia, Chakannub, and Nochi Cocum. I previously booked another excursion on your recommendation, and the whole family loved it. So .... which would you pick out of those 3? We haven't been to any of them previously. Thanks! :D

You might get her attention if you go to this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2016034

Now I don't know your situation, girls group, a couple, family with kids, family with teens, etc....

I can only put in my first hand experience from Nachi Cocum, as we have been 5 times already, with our 6 scheduled in 13 days.

For our needs, Nachi is perfection.

It is the only beach club with a 100 person limit. (which I would happily pay the $55 AI fee for, EVERY time. Drinks and delicious food are just a bonus)

At Nachi you get space to relax and a quiet day.

Now my Brother and his family with young twins went to Nachi first and had an OK day, but nothing really for the kids to do, as it caters more towards adults. (they have one water trampoline)

The next time they went to Playa Mia and LOVED it...

Nachi, Mr. Sanchos, Playa Mia and Paradise Beach all share the same stretch of beach, so that is a wash between them.

Mr. Sanchos, Playa Mia and Paradise Beach have long rows of loungers lining the beach, where Nachi has 4 loungers under each palapa and space between each palapa.

Nachi and Paradise Beach each have a nice sized pool.

Mr. Sanchos has a tiny pool on the ala carte side and a larger pool for the AI side people.

Playa Mia has a smaller (original) pool by the beach and a larger pool and large kiddie pool, plus water slides. (so you basically get an american waterpark, plus everything the other clubs have)

Playa Mia, Mr. Sanchos and Paradise Beach all have inflatable water toys in the ocean, for the bigger kids to play on.

Nachi only has the AI package.

Mr. Sanchos has AI and ala carte options.

Paradise has the small fee and required $10 food and drink purchase. (but who wouldn't spend a day and NOT spend at least $10)

Playa Mia has an entrance fee, since it is a water park also. Plus various levels of AI packages.

I'll try to come back in a bit and post some pictures of the various clubs.

Bill

Edited by bguppies

What a great bunch of info and lovely photos ! Thanks, bguppies.

No problem...

That is the great thing about Cozumel.

There is literally a beach club tailored to almost any person's needs or taste.

What is perfect for DW and I, might not be perfect for a family with teens or with younger kids or a group of ladies who want to get a bit rowdy, rather than relax at nachi.

I do the research, yet we always go to Nachi everytime.

When you find you're happy place, you don't mess with it.:D

Bill

I checked the port schedule for when we will be there. 6 ships in port, totalling approximately 20,400 people :eek: I really wanted to do Playa, or something "fun" like that ... but with that many people, I'm thinking we may be better off at Nochi.

I checked the port schedule for when we will be there. 6 ships in port, totalling approximately 20,400 people :eek: I really wanted to do Playa, or something "fun" like that ... but with that many people, I'm thinking we may be better off at Nochi.

When the Dawn is there in 14 days for us, we have the same thing, with 5 ships, but Carnival Magic, Epic and Allure OTS pushed the total over 20,000 passengers that day.

If you do decide on Nachi, book it as soon as possible. (I always book Nachi within 15 minutes of us booking any Western cruise. Because if I ever fail to get DW her Nachi reservation, someone else will be sitting next to her at another beach club.)

In our roll call, we have at minimum 35 of us booked at Nachi and the folks who have joined it the last month or so have missed out, as Nachi is completely booked.

With that many Passengers in town, it won't take long for Nachi to hit their wonderful, 100 person limit.

Whatever you decide, I hope you find your perfect beach day, like we have.

Bill

Edited by bguppies

When the Dawn is there in 14 days for us, we have the same thing, with 5 ships, but Carnival Magic, Epic and Allure OTS pushed the total over 20,000 passengers that day.

If you do decide on Nachi, book it as soon as possible. (I always book Nachi within 15 minutes of us booking any Western cruise. Because if I ever fail to get DW her Nachi reservation, someone else will be sitting next to her at another beach club.)

In our roll call, we have at minimum 35 of us booked at Nachi and the folks who have joined it the last month or so have missed out, as Nachi is completely booked.

With that many Passengers in town, it won't take long for Nachi to hit their wonderful, 100 person limit.

Whatever you decide, I hope you find your perfect beach day, like we have.

Bill

Booked! Thanks :D

Sorry, I just came across this thread. :D It kinda caught me off gaurd. LOL

It looks like you have made your decision. Have an awesome time. :)

I just booked another cruise today to the western Caribbean (I guess I just can't get enough of it, but at least my next cruise is eastern) and will be trying to find yet another place to try out next time myself. :D One that I haven't been to yet. :p

I just booked another cruise today to the western Caribbean (I guess I just can't get enough of it, but at least my next cruise is eastern) and will be trying to find yet another place to try out next time myself. :D One that I haven't been to yet. :p

Loved your last Mr. Sanchos review.

Can't wait to see where you pick next...

• 6 months later...

Mitsugirly,

Have you been to Magen's Bay in St. Thomas? I do believe that it is the prettiest beach even though it can be crowded. Food, drink and showers are there and cheap taxis or the train buses will take and bring back to ship. I do agree that Orient Beach in St. Marten is my favorite. St. Maarten is actually one of my favorite Islands for beaches, they all beautiful. Susan/slee14

SissaMomE:

Are you still going on the Epic with us?? I noticed it's not on your tagline anymore :confused:

No, we cancelled. My husband hurt his shoulder, and it looked like he would need surgery. He doesn't, but I cancelled before final just in case. We are going to a resort for a week instead.