What time does the cruise ship follow in Belize?

Choozin Croozin

We are on RC Rhapsody in mid April. I know Belize is on CST. We (in the states) will be 2 hrs later. When it says the ship docks at 8am, I am assuming that is ship time, which is 6am Belize time? Trying to figure out if I can book a tour with Caveman Tours or not. Thank you.

Only ship sponsored excursions will be on ship time. As long as the Rhapsody stays on it's departure port time, that will be the time you anchor in Belize. Contact Caveman, a private vendor, and ask them if their tour starts on Belize time or ship time. There will be other ships tendering into Belize City and Caveman may or may not adjust it's time to meet those time. If they stay on Belize time, double check the stated length of the tour and see if you arrive back in port in time to catch the last tender back, usually 30-40 minutes prior to sail away time.

• 3 weeks later...

Was there on 3/22 -This info is directly from the Royal Caribbean Rhapsody's cruise compass:

"Stay on ship's time. Please note that Belize is on a different time zone and that ship's time will be one hour ahead of local time today. Please ensure that you remain on ship's time throughout your time ashore in Belize."

We arrived in port at 9;00 am and last tender was 5:15pm Commute time using the tender was about 30 minutes and on the way back, you wait to depart pier until tender fills (we waited about 20 minutes for it to leave plus commute time to ship).

• 2 weeks later...
Was there on 3/22 -This info is directly from the Royal Caribbean Rhapsody's cruise compass:

"Stay on ship's time. Please note that Belize is on a different time zone and that ship's time will be one hour ahead of local time today. Please ensure that you remain on ship's time throughout your time ashore in Belize."

We arrived in port at 9;00 am and last tender was 5:15pm Commute time using the tender was about 30 minutes and on the way back, you wait to depart pier until tender fills (we waited about 20 minutes for it to leave plus commute time to ship).

Thank you. I am still worried about this stop as they are now 2 hrs behind us. We are supposed to dock at 8a. Thats 6a Belize time. :o:o I guess we will just get off as soon as we can.

I’m not sure about the 2 hour differential- if you think that is due to daylight saving time, dst was in effect when we were there in March. Remember that if you book excursions with the ship, you will not need to worry about being left, if that is your concern. My feeling is that you will have plenty of time to explore. :)