Hotel Monaco Seattle

satchiesmom

We have booked the Hotel Monaco for 2 nights post cruise. Has anyone stayed there? Is there much to do within walking distance? I have wanted to see Seattle for a long time and we are really looking forward to our (too short) visit.

I have never stayed at the Hotel Monaco, but it is a great location. You are walking distance to shopping, Pike Place Market and the Waterfront. You could walk to the Seattle Center or Pioneer Square (if you don't mind a nice walk) it is about a mile or 2. There are some steep hills in the hotels area, but you can avoid them easily enough.

The Monaco is an excellent hotel, part of the Kimpton chain of boutique hotels. It's across the street from the new Seattle Central Library, which the NY Times architectural critic said was the best US building built in the 21st century so far, and the hotel's restaurant, Sazerac, is one of the better places downtown, specializing in Pacific NW/Cajun fusion cooking.

You're about 5 blocks from the Pike Market and around 8 from Pioneer Square. In the downtown area all buses are free, so getting around is easy. To get to Seattle Center (Space Needle, Science Center, EMP, etc.) you walk 4 blocks north on 4th and take the Monorail from Westlake Center to Seattle Center.

Pioneer Square and the International District are the other way, but easily reachable.

Thanks for all the feed back! We are looking to stay there next May when we sail the Pearl. I was going to ask the same question about the hotel.

How far is it to the area where the Outback and Buca's is?? Or Cheesecake Factory?

The Cheesecake Factory is about 5-6 blocks, within walking distance. The others are about 2 miles located by Lake Union. You would either need to catch a bus or a taxi. I would suggest eating at some of our local places, what types of food do you like?

We all LOVE seafood. We also love casual, friendly places.

We thought that since we weren't familiar with the area, we would probably stick to the chains that we know.

If you have any suggestions in the area, we would love the help! Thanks a ton!;)

on TripAdvisor.com at

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60878-d100504-r16979083-Hotel_Monaco_Seattle_a_Kimpton_Hotel-Seattle_Washington.html

If you cannot access it with the above link, you can go to tripadvisor.com and look up the Hotel Monaco Seattle and my review is on the page.

We had a great time, and I would stay there again if I am ever in Seattle again.

Have a great time!

... How far is it to the area where the Outback and Buca's is?? Or Cheesecake Factory?

Seattle has great local restaurants that you should try while you're in town! Just ask for some recommendations here and/or search the boards

We all LOVE seafood. We also love casual, friendly places.

We thought that since we weren't familiar with the area, we would probably stick to the chains that we know.

If you have any suggestions in the area, we would love the help! Thanks a ton!;)

Hi Cindy:

Seattle has some wonderful places to eat, I will list some of the ones that I like:

Go and check some of these places out, also check with the hotel for they recommendations. If you are going to the Pike Place Market there are lots of places to grab a quick bite.

Have fun and don't eat too much.:p

on TripAdvisor.com at

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60878-d100504-r16979083-Hotel_Monaco_Seattle_a_Kimpton_Hotel-Seattle_Washington.html

If you cannot access it with the above link, you can go to tripadvisor.com and look up the Hotel Monaco Seattle and my review is on the page.

We had a great time, and I would stay there again if I am ever in Seattle again.

Have a great time!

Thanks for the great review!!!! I'm am REALLY happy that we booked there! I requested a goldfish too!

Hi Cindy:

Seattle has some wonderful places to eat, I will list some of the ones that I like:

Go and check some of these places out, also check with the hotel for they recommendations. If you are going to the Pike Place Market there are lots of places to grab a quick bite.

Have fun and don't eat too much.:p

I am printing this list out to take along!! Thanks for the help! I will try not to eat too much, but I should probably stock up since there is so little food on the ship :D LOL

Seattle has great local restaurants that you should try while you're in town! Just ask for some recommendations here and/or search the boards

We would LOVE to check out the local places!! We are foodies and love to try new things. I will be sure to check out some of the suggestions and ask at the desk as well.

Thanks everyone for all the help!! ;)

We would LOVE to check out the local places!! We are foodies and love to try new things. I will be sure to check out some of the suggestions and ask at the desk as well.

Thanks everyone for all the help!! ;)

Archived