Labadee Beaches, Pros & Cons

carnival03

So, we'll be visiting Labadee for the first time next year, as we're also cruising with RCI as a first too... I know there are several beaches on Labadee, so I'm looking for advice as to which beach is the "best" beach. Is there snorkeling on the island? If so, I would have to take that into consideration...

Essentially, we're looking for a beach that is not overcrowded and has easy access to bars, food areas, and restrooms. Do they have waitstaff waking around?

No good snorkeling on any of the beaches. To snorkel you should take an excursion and even then it is on so-so from what I understand. No waitstaff taking drink orders unless you pay for a cabana or bungalow or one of the big beds. None of the beaches are a significant distance from bars, food areas, and restrooms. There are pros and cons to each of the three public beaches (Nellie's, Columbus Cove, and Adrenaline). Barefoot beach is reserved for passengers who are staying in suites on the ship.

Adrenaline Beach is probably the least crowded or seems that way since it is very long and you can always find a spot. However it also has more rocks than the other two and depending on where you are it can be a bit further from the food, drinks, and restrooms. It is also lacking in natural shade.

Columbus Cove is my favorite, but it can get a bit crowded. It has a ton of shade, which the other two do not, close to the water and very few rocks. The water on that side of the peninsula is more calm and the sand is great for kids. It also has a one-way ferry in the AM that will take you directly from the pier so you don't have to walk there or take the tram. It is the furthest beach from the pier.

Nellie's is close to Columbus Cove, but closer to the pier. It also has nice sand and calm water, but not the shade trees that go to the waters edge. Since it is smaller than Columbus Cove it feels more crowded and it is not super close to the food station, although there are drinks and a restroom close by. There are also a few small fish in a small rocky area between Nellie's and Columbus Cove. Not real snorkeling for sure, but if you are not a veteran snorkeler, it can still be fun.

The best thing is that all the beaches at Labadee are wonderful. RC has done a good job of making this an excellent beach day and everything is so close, you could easily try all three and see which one was your favorite.

No good snorkeling on any of the beaches. To snorkel you should take an excursion and even then it is on so-so from what I understand. No waitstaff taking drink orders unless you pay for a cabana or bungalow or one of the big beds. None of the beaches are a significant distance from bars, food areas, and restrooms. There are pros and cons to each of the three public beaches (Nellie's, Columbus Cove, and Adrenaline). Barefoot beach is reserved for passengers who are staying in suites on the ship.

Adrenaline Beach is probably the least crowded or seems that way since it is very long and you can always find a spot. However it also has more rocks than the other two and depending on where you are it can be a bit further from the food, drinks, and restrooms. It is also lacking in natural shade.

Columbus Cove is my favorite, but it can get a bit crowded. It has a ton of shade, which the other two do not, close to the water and very few rocks. The water on that side of the peninsula is more calm and the sand is great for kids. It also has a one-way ferry in the AM that will take you directly from the pier so you don't have to walk there or take the tram. It is the furthest beach from the pier.

Nellie's is close to Columbus Cove, but closer to the pier. It also has nice sand and calm water, but not the shade trees that go to the waters edge. Since it is smaller than Columbus Cove it feels more crowded and it is not super close to the food station, although there are drinks and a restroom close by. There are also a few small fish in a small rocky area between Nellie's and Columbus Cove. Not real snorkeling for sure, but if you are not a veteran snorkeler, it can still be fun.

The best thing is that all the beaches at Labadee are wonderful. RC has done a good job of making this an excellent beach day and everything is so close, you could easily try all three and see which one was your favorite.

Thanks for the comparison. I've always noticed people compliment Columbus Cove. If we arrive early, are there places in the sun as well as the shade? Or, is it all mostly shaded?

The spots that go quickly on Columbus Cove are the ones that have shade right next to the water. Cb at sea is right - there are plenty of sun and shade spots to be found.

Sun is what there is most of....but there is shade to be had!

The spots that go quickly on Columbus Cove are the ones that have shade right next to the water. Cb at sea is right - there are plenty of sun and shade spots to be found.

Awesome. Thanks :cool: