What is a NOOTS?

Hmm, yeah, I am second guessing the N word.. Not, No or Never.. one of those :)

It's for those who think the OaS is too big, and will never cruise on it.

Thanks. Those sort of arguments happen all the time, with folks preferring smaller ships. The funny thing is, the smaller ship they prefer is likely one that was considered a gigantic monstrosity when it was released. That said, we made sure we got a balcony on Oasis because we wanted to be sure to be able to escape the crowds so maybe we're afraid of it too?

"Mustard of the Seas" started as a group of folks on CC who were in on "the joke"

It stems from all of the postings that we read (here) that always seem to refer to the "Mustard Drill", instead of the "muster drill". Also be wary of all of the folks that talk about the "Dinning Room", instead of the "Dining Room".

:D Hypo

Thanks. Those sort of arguments happen all the time, with folks preferring smaller ships. The funny thing is, the smaller ship they prefer is likely one that was considered a gigantic monstrosity when it was released. That said, we made sure we got a balcony on Oasis because we wanted to be sure to be able to escape the crowds so maybe we're afraid of it too?

Interesting point. I remember posting the exact same thing when there were a lot of people saying it's too big. At some point, it might be the norm, and the Freedom Class will be the babies of the fleet.

I'd LOVE to sail on the Oasis, but man alive, the pricing is crazy. I just love the idea of so much to do onboard that I might not actually be able to do it all! I like the down days too, sitting on the balcony, as you mentioned, but I like the activities too. I'm sure it won't feel crowded since I hear RCI does a fantastic job on ship design.

I will read as many reviews as I can when they first come out.

Interesting point. I remember posting the exact same thing when there were a lot of people saying it's too big. At some point, it might be the norm, and the Freedom Class will be the babies of the fleet.

I'd LOVE to sail on the Oasis, but man alive, the pricing is crazy. I just love the idea of so much to do onboard that I might not actually be able to do it all! I like the down days too, sitting on the balcony, as you mentioned, but I like the activities too. I'm sure it won't feel crowded since I hear RCI does a fantastic job on ship design.

I will read as many reviews as I can when they first come out.

I don't know if it is offered on those sailings but you should know that Canadian Military qualify for the military rate and you should always give that when you get a quote. There are sometimes Ontario rates, too, strange as that seems to me. We're gong in Sept 2010 and got a balcony for $889 (each) after our Diamond discount of a hundred bucks (each).

Hmm, yeah, I am second guessing the N word.. Not, No or Never.. one of those :)

It's for those who think the OaS is too big, and will never cruise on it.

You're probably right with not. I wasn't trying to disagree. I think we were just writing at the same time and your post got there first!

Personally I'm quite excited to see Oasis, though I'm in England so it would be a pretty long flight for me. Maybe I'll give it a year or two...

I did not know that! Well, that means it's not as old as I thought. Now, someone needs to explain Mustard of the Seas to me. ;)

Lee...go over to floataway lounge and look for "ten reasons to stop cruising rcl/mustard of the seas...."

it is very tounge in cheek......

OR...ask wrona - she can fill you in.......some of their stuff is quite hilarious.....in a nutshell, it's a virtual ship with a "crew" and the like......i'd say 90% is tounge in cheek, and 10% is people who actually think the MOSers DON'T like RCCL!!

hope that helps.....

Schplinky - thanks for asking. I'd been wondering too and figured that they were inside jokes but being relatively new to the boards was too timid to ask.

By the way have enjoyed your cruise info and photos.

You live in one of my favorite places - I spent much of my childhood in Canada (Saskatoon,Saskatchewan and Georgetown,Ontario)

Schplinky - thanks for asking. I'd been wondering too and figured that they were inside jokes but being relatively new to the boards was too timid to ask.

By the way have enjoyed your cruise info and photos.

You live in one of my favorite places - I spent much of my childhood in Canada (Saskatoon,Saskatchewan and Georgetown,Ontario)

You're welcome. If it helps. I was unsure about asking, too.

I don't know if it is offered on those sailings but you should know that Canadian Military qualify for the military rate and you should always give that when you get a quote. There are sometimes Ontario rates, too, strange as that seems to me. We're gong in Sept 2010 and got a balcony for $889 (each) after our Diamond discount of a hundred bucks (each).

Lee,

I thought the Diamond discount was $100 per stateroom, not each person. And that is for a 7 night cruise. How did you each manage to get the D discount? We are D+, last cruise (last month) we only got I believe we only got $100, or $50 each for a 7 night cruise. Guess I better start payming more attention to detail!

Thanks for you input.

Annieeee

Lee,

I thought the Diamond discount was $100 per stateroom, not each person. And that is for a 7 night cruise. How did you each manage to get the D discount? We are D+, last cruise (last month) we only got I believe we only got $100, or $50 each for a 7 night cruise. Guess I better start payming more attention to detail!

Thanks for you input.

Annieeee

Annieeee,

It was $100 per stateroom at Platinum and $200 at Diamond.

We just booked a 2 week cruise this morning and we were told it was $300 per cabin. Did not argue. I like to be easy to get along with! :)

Annieeee,

It was $100 per stateroom at Platinum and $200 at Diamond.

We just booked a 2 week cruise this morning and we were told it was $300 per cabin. Did not argue. I like to be easy to get along with! :)

Lee, cruises 10 nights and longer qualify for the $300/cabin Diamond Balcony Discount!!! Enjoy!!! :D

Lee,

Thanks for you input.

Annieeee

Annie, the Diamond discount is $200 per cabin for a 7 night cruise :D

###

Lee, cruises 10 nights and longer qualify for the $300/cabin Diamond Balcony Discount!!! Enjoy!!! :D

We booked the Indy one (they added Lisbon back in) and we have a deposit on the Jewel one. Waiting for our friends to decide.

"Mustard of the Seas" started as a group of folks on CC who were in on "the joke"

It stems from all of the postings that we read (here) that always seem to refer to the "Mustard Drill", instead of the "muster drill". Also be wary of all of the folks that talk about the "Dinning Room", instead of the "Dining Room".

:D Hypo

Or the cabin "Stewart"......:D

As the founding father - thank you all NOOTS lol

jj......

yes.........jj...........I think think that you were!!

And there were a few of us right behind you............as I think you had the lead on that one!!

Rick

Annie, the Diamond discount is $200 per cabin for a 7 night cruise :D

###

You are correct. I just checked my invoice for the cruise I was on in January and we got $200 each. Like I said, I better pay more attention to these things.

Thanks,

Annieeee

I see that in folks signatures and it's been discussed on some threads but I never did know what it was. I've been around about 4 years and I think it pre-dates me.

Before the Oasis boards were opened this board was cluttered with Oasis here..and Oasis there threads. Mostly repeat questions and info.

Our good friend Coxswain opened a thread for those who were sick of the Oasis stuff and had no interest in sailing Oasis. You see quite often threads like Everything Explorer of the Seas... etc. Someone on that thread dubbed our thread "Everything Not Oasis Of The Seas...NOOTS was born.

The thread was moved to the floating lounge but I haven't checked on it in a while since..well...someone somewhat...oh never mind. So I am now the renegade resident NOOTS - no home, no friends, no companionship but like a true hero fighting the good fight. :D

Archived