Answering some EPIC questions ... with photos

Ilivetogo

Before our August 28th cruise on the Epic, I read a lot here on the CC boards. I made a mental note of a lot of the questions future Epic cruisers had about some things on board, and when I could, I tried to capture answers to those questions with my camera.

Also, I have a few other pictures that simply may be of interest to Epic cruisers.

First, the room. We were in a Balcony room. Forward on the port side.

Rnumber.jpg

This is the passageway - looking forward. (red/orange carpet on port side, blue carpet on starboard)

Rhallway.jpg

The bed/couch area. Note the spot on the wall for the Dailies, Room Service Menu, and other papers. The little shelf area underneath the individual bedside reading lights were GREAT. Loved this area. I have to admit, the telephones were terrible. The others in our party who had an inside cabin, got phone calls ALL the time ... sometimes there was nobody there - sometimes it was someone calling someone else, but they got to the point where they had to pull the plug on the phone. Even taking it off the hook didn't help - it STILL rang. Yes, 3 am, it still rang - nobody there. In our balcony room, sometimes the phone worked, somtimes not. Guess there are some glitches to iron out there.

Rbackwall.jpg

The fridge, stool and hair dryer spot. The fridge worked great. We had them remove all the bar stuff, and I put in a few sodas I brought from home and the kids stored milk in there.

The hairdryer is in a handy spot as far as storing it goes (doesn't take up valuable countertop space), but NOT so great for actual use. Quite a bit of the cord is taken up by coming from deep under the countertop. I am 5'8" and it was very difficult to get it to reach up to my head. The cord should have been longer to store it that far underneath. Worked great tho.

Rfridge.jpg

The sink. Aaaahhh, the sink. I really had no trouble with the sink. I took a photo with a size reference (my hand) to give you a little perspective. I actually even did some t-shirt hand-washing in the sink. (Kids and food - you know.) By the way, push on the silver drain "disk" to close the drain, push it again to release.

Rsink.jpg

The toilet area ... my only gripe here was that this was the only trash can in the whole room - and boy was it TINY. What more can I say.

Rtrash.jpg

Many people wanted to know just how much room there was to walk between the bed and the countertop. We had a room with the bed near the balcony. I had my son stand there so you could see how much room there was.

Rwalkway.jpg

This is the view straight DOWN from my balcony.

Rbalcony.jpg

This is the view to the RIGHT of my balcony (looking forward).

Rviewr.jpg

This is the view to the LEFT of my balcony (looking aft).

Rviewl.jpg

General ship stuff --- Port side red/orange. These are the stairs near the elevator bank / forward ...

RBstairsr.jpg

... and the stairs on the starboard side - blue.

RBstairsb.jpg

Accordingly, there was red carpet and red lights on the elevators on the port side ...

RBelevr.jpg

And blue on the starboard side. If you're going to meet someone else in your party, be sure to tell them to meet you at either the red or blue elevators!! We stood around waiting for them on one side, they stood at the other side waiting for us! They're separate hallways! You can't see one another. :rolleyes:

RBelevb.jpg

Public bathrooms - they were VERY nice!! (as you can see) Just keep in mind that the lights are on a sensor and could possibly go off while you're in the bathroom!! :eek: Just remember if this happens, reach over and jiggle your stall door ... seemed to make the lights come back on when I did this.

Sbathrm.jpg

These touchscreen information boards were near the elevators. Very cool if you wanted to look up a restaurant, or location of something on board.

Stchscreen.jpg

Dining information boards. These were in various spots around the ship. You could check the availability of some of the restaurants.

Srestrnts.jpg

Our meet n greet sign. Just wanted to show it to you. :)

Smngsign.jpg

Bliss Lounge. Very cool place. We attended a lot of trivia games in here. Fun.

SBback.jpg

I thought the door to Bliss was really neat.

SBdoor.jpg

The floors in Bliss were SOOO sparkly. Way fun.

SBfloor.jpg

One of the TV monitors inside Bliss.

SBscreen.jpg

Restaurant stuff ...

This is a place setting at Wasabi - overlooking the chandelier.

Rwasabi.jpg

Wines at Taste

Rwine.jpg

These are the windows everyone is talking about!! All the way forward in the Garden Cafe ... a great place to sit and eat and look out.

Rwindows.jpg

We were seated underneath the chandelier in Taste one evening. Interesting view.

Schand.jpg

I had not seen this particular view before ... it's peeking in the window of Teppanyaki.

Rtepanyaki.jpg

Cirque Dreams and Dinner -- on the table.

RCirque.jpg

Archived