Coastal Kitchen

I have been told you can dine in Coastal Kitchen if in mini suite or higher. Is there a surcharge there and do you need to make reservations? Thank you.

Yes, you should make reservations for dinner. If you are in a Junior Suite, it is not available for breakfast and lunch. There is no surcharge. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We enjoyed this benefit on Oasis last month, the food was great and service was attentive. BUT. Unfortunately they have made it difficult for JS guests to physically get into Coastal Kitchen. We were able to call for reservations just fine, but upon arrival we needed to knock on the door and wait for someone to let us in. I have no issues with not being allowed in for breakfast and lunch, that's not a benefit provided to JS, no big deal. I didn't like the half-hospitality of being invited to dine there but needing to wait outside like an intruder to be allowed in. Seems like they should be able to code keycards to allow JS access in evenings only, or at least have someone manning the door checking for eligibility (gold card or reservation).

what is the menu?

This is from Anthem, which is very close to what I rememeber from Oasis last year:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46820719&postcount=31

However, the menu may have changed, as I've read reports of them going to daily menus, though I don't know if that applies to Oasos.

We enjoyed this benefit on Oasis last month, the food was great and service was attentive. BUT. Unfortunately they have made it difficult for JS guests to physically get into Coastal Kitchen. We were able to call for reservations just fine, but upon arrival we needed to knock on the door and wait for someone to let us in. I have no issues with not being allowed in for breakfast and lunch, that's not a benefit provided to JS, no big deal. I didn't like the half-hospitality of being invited to dine there but needing to wait outside like an intruder to be allowed in. Seems like they should be able to code keycards to allow JS access in evenings only, or at least have someone manning the door checking for eligibility (gold card or reservation).

Sometimes the person who is suppose to be at the door is seating someone else. No code keycards because they seat you. if you don't like the table where they are seating you ask for a different location. it is not half-hospitality. Coastal Kitchen is a great location for eating - great food and great service. i wish Royal had on all ships.

Do they always seat you at a table by yourselves, or is it possible to share a table on occasion?

If the layout of the room is same as on Quantum and Anthem - there is a combo of high and low tables which are adjacent to each other. (Along the windows). Even though you have your "own" table, directly next to you can be people. We had this on one occasion and had a lovely time talking with "our table mates".

We had a cruise where one of the passengers - not even near our table - was speaking so loud it felt like he was sitting next to us. I did make a comment on his voice several evenings to the manager. I was happy when he wasn't eating at the same time as us.

This is from Anthem, which is very close to what I rememeber from Oasis last year:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46820719&postcount=31

However, the menu may have changed, as I've read reports of them going to daily menus, though I don't know if that applies to Oasos.

On Anthem there is a different dinner menu for the first 7 days and then it goes back to menu 1 again for another rotation.

I don't think people in Junior Suites should NOT complain. They pay a LOT LESS than those in Grand Suites and above.

RCI asks, "What have you done for us on THIS cruise?" Staying in a JS and expecting higher perks is ridiculous!

Edited by minn0315

I don't think people in Junior Suites should NOT complain. They pay a LOT LESS than those in Grand Suites and above.

RCI asks, "What have you done for us on THIS cruise?" Staying in a JS and expecting higher perks is ridiculous!

Who was asking for higher perks? He simply asked a question about a perk...

You don't think we should not complain?! Lol,just looking to use the perk we paid for,just like you.