Barcelo Day Pass

SCLGFam2008

Going to be sailing into Aruba in about 10 days!!! Will be traveling with 8 children aged 11-5 (no they are not all mine). Was thinking of purchasing the Barcelo Day Pass in Aruba. Thoughts on this? i.e. price vs. value of actual day/resort, kid environment, is there taxi service included if not what is the cost. Or do you feel it is better to just stay local to the port/beaches nearby there?

The other cool thing about this is my husband and I stayed there for our honeymoon when it was still the Occidental. Ironically we always said maybe for our 10 year we'd go back to Aruba....well we'll be celebrating our 10 year in October.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it!

• 1 month later...
Going to be sailing into Aruba in about 10 days!!! Will be traveling with 8 children aged 11-5 (no they are not all mine). Was thinking of purchasing the Barcelo Day Pass in Aruba. Thoughts on this? i.e. price vs. value of actual day/resort, kid environment, is there taxi service included if not what is the cost. Or do you feel it is better to just stay local to the port/beaches nearby there?

The other cool thing about this is my husband and I stayed there for our honeymoon when it was still the Occidental. Ironically we always said maybe for our 10 year we'd go back to Aruba....well we'll be celebrating our 10 year in October.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it!

I would love to know if you went - thinking of booking here for our cruise. If you went - did you book directly through the hotel or a website?

I booked the Barcelo Day Pass through ShoreExcurioneer last March when i went on a cruise....I took the local bus $5 roundtrip, was there in 10 minutes...The resort is absolutely beautiful, along with the pool and beach....Plenty of loungers and palayas....Food was excellent...I had gotten there when breakfast was being served....It was a buffet and the food was plentiful and delicious... They had pancakes, french toast, scrambled eggs, toast, bagels....juices....a station to make your own mamos....coffee....station for omletts....bacon...sausage etc.. and unlimited alocohic beverages ..... money well spent....

I booked the Barcelo Day Pass through ShoreExcurioneer last March when i went on a cruise....I took the local bus $5 roundtrip, was there in 10 minutes...The resort is absolutely beautiful, along with the pool and beach....Plenty of loungers and palayas....Food was excellent...I had gotten there when breakfast was being served....It was a buffet and the food was plentiful and delicious... They had pancakes, french toast, scrambled eggs, toast, bagels....juices....a station to make your own mamos....coffee....station for omletts....bacon...sausage etc.. and unlimited alocohic beverages ..... money well spent....

Thinking about this also next April on a Navagator cruise. Do they have plenty of umbrellas and chairs? Should we arrive early?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for your help!

Did they have snorkeling equipment and stand up paddle boards, kayaks etc?

I can't seem to find an exact answer anywhere.

Thank you!

There is no snorkeling along Palm Beach, as it has a sandy bottom. There are vendors along Palm Beach that rent various water sports gear.

• 3 months later...