7-7-16 Thursday Weigh-In. Hot and Getting Hotter.

It's Thursday again, July 4th is over and while we had a cool and rainy 4th here in Virginia, it's now starting to heat up. How are our weight-loss efforts doing?

LET'S WEIGH IN!

I backslid a bit this past week. After a 2 pound loss last Thursday, I gained back 1/2 pound this week to 196. But I'm quite pleased with that because I really let myself go a couple of times. First the July 4th picnic I was worried about provided all kinds of temptations, from hot dogs, curried potato salad, homemade guacamole and chips, English trifle and on and on. Then I was taken out for my birthday last night (Happy Birthday to me) to an Indian restaurant where I scarfed down a somosa, an entree, rice, Indian bread. Anyway I fully expected to gain 2 or 3 pounds so I'll take the 1/2 pound gain.

I hope everyone had a good week. Shootr, that's a lovely kitchen you put in! Rose and Muggo11, your cruises are coming up soon - exciting! Let's all lose before we cruise!

cruiserman, thanks for starting this thread. Happy Birthday! It sounds like you did great just gaining 1/2 lb this week. So good for you. I'm sure there will be a loss next week.

I am down 2.4 lbs. I was not feeling well for a few days, so I have not been eating much. My cruise is in one week and I have 6.4 lbs to my cruise goal weight. Obviously, that is not going to happen but I will be happy with whatever I lose. At least its down and not up! ;)

Good luck, everyone with your weigh ins.

shootr, beautiful kitchen!

Rose

Happy Birthday Cruiserman! Yeah, after a holiday weekend and a birthday celebration, I would be ok with only a half pound gain too. Life happens!

Rose, have a fabulous time on your cruise!

I'm down 1.8 pounds this week. I've been working really hard to eat well. That means eating well with enough protein to compensate for the extra workouts I'm trying to do. It's been difficult to keep calories in check while still getting all that protein in. Still trying to figure it all out. I don't want it to be so much work planning what I eat every day! I guess anything worthwhile is worth the effort.

Also trying to stay active, active, active! Definitely a key for my middle-age self! :)

Good luck this coming week everyone.

Michelle

Hello,

Cruiserman, thanks for the thread. Happy Birthday! .5 lb. is not bad for all the celebrating.

The holiday got to me, I gained 1 lb. Bummer.

Rose and Michelle, great losses. Rose, have a wonderful cruise. You've done so well with the weight loss.

Wishing everyone losses for next week.

Diana

HI all!

CruisermanVA ~ thanks for starting the thread & belated birthday greetings!:D

DIana ~ I too gained a pound last week. Do you know it takes 3500 calories to equal a pound? I find it hard to believe I ate that many calories too much.:o

Oh well, better luck next week!

Belle ~ hope you're doing okay.

Have a good one.

~ Jo ~ :)

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Great weight loss, Rose. Only 6.4 pounds to go - wow.

Excellent loss, Michelle.

I sympathize with you, Diana. Hard to resist those buffets.

Nice loss, Muggo11.

Sorry you gained, Jo. Next week will be better - for both of us!

I'll be away this Thursday, so I'll do a the weigh-in on Wednesday.

Good luck everyone!