Change of itinerary for Azura tomorrow - I've cancelled

tyrole

I've cancelled as the itinerary changed for Zebrugge, Rotterdam etc

Just come off the phone with P&O.

I wouldn't have booked that itinerary so it a lot of money to pay for somewhere I don't want to go to.

Full refund coming back to my card.

I wouldn't have booked that itinerary so it a lot of money to pay for somewhere I don't want to go to.

Don't blame you for cancelling.. it is the ports that make us book the cruises too not the ship..

Will P&O be selling all the cancelled places at rock bottom fares then for any who can pack and go in 24hrs I wonder...

Don't blame you for cancelling.. it is the ports that make us book the cruises too not the ship..

Will P&O be selling all the cancelled places at rock bottom fares then for any who can pack and go in 24hrs I wonder...

That's a thought.

It's not P&O's fault but I wouldn't have picked that cruise. We booked over a year ago and paid for a blacony, it's not a cheap cruise.

The lady who called was lovely and thanked me for my understanding.

I've had my refund email through but minus the £42 fuel supp??

Cruise parking are refunding as well.

That's a thought.

It's not P&O's fault but I wouldn't have picked that cruise. We booked over a year ago and paid for a blacony, it's not a cheap cruise.

The lady who called was lovely and thanked me for my understanding.

I've had my refund email through but minus the £42 fuel supp??

Cruise parking are refunding as well.

That's good to get the refund in full - I'd remind them of the fuel supplement, maybe it's an oversight or maybe not I don't know how it works.

This will be not good for people who have booked time off work, it's also school hols so some won't be able to change and people have likely booked pet sitters etc.

Are you booking another cruise?

Aurora is going to Norway and right up to Spitsbergen on 19th June I think that looked a nice itinerary but it's longer duration if you can do it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

The cruise was Bergen, Olden, Stavanger and Flam

We are off to Florida in 5 weeks so won't be booking another cruise yet.

Hubby and I will have a few days away somewhere next week.

Thanks for the suggestions.

The cruise was Bergen, Olden, Stavanger and Flam

We are off to Florida in 5 weeks so won't be booking another cruise yet.

Hubby and I will have a few days away somewhere next week.

Wow, I would hate to have such good ports cancelled. There are going to be a lot of angry passengers onboard.

Tyrole - can you give me some details as to how you got the refund? I've been putting things up on my blog, and I've just had a comment submitted from another affected passenger to the effect that they've been told it's 'Force Majeure' and therefore no refunds.

Were you just offered it?

Wow, that would suck. There are going to be a lot of angry passengers onboard.

In fairness its not P&O's fault but I'm sure there will be many not happy. We are lucky as there hasn't needed to be a lot of planning re children and pets.

I can claim back everything including insurance as I only booked the insurance yesterday - 14 days cooling off

Tyrole - can you give me some details as to how you got the refund? I've been putting things up on my blog, and I've just had a comment submitted from another affected passenger to the effect that they've been told it's 'Force Majeure' and therefore no refunds.

Were you just offered it?

I just asked if i could have a refund and they said yes. Email came through within 5 mins of call ending. I must have been one of the early calls and very lucky.

I'm off out now but will pop on later.

I hope others get refunded.

P&O offered me a refund, or to swap the cost of the cruise over to a new booking. No OBC etc. being offered and they say most people accepting the new itinerary

If you booked this cruise in advance and paid full price then you could end up getting a really great deal if you accept a full refund then book another cruise at a last min price. After all what is available to book now is what is available but I'd be concerned that you'd be expectedto pay the full price fare again if you swap cost - the prices for cruises leaving this month are very heavily discounted ;)

If you booked this cruise in advance and paid full price then you could end up getting a really great deal if you accept a full refund then book another cruise at a last min price. After all what is available to book now is what is available but I'd be concerned that you'd be expectedto pay the full price fare again if you swap cost - the prices for cruises leaving this month are very heavily discounted ;)

We're a family of 4 and we had a 90% discount on kids places on this cruise, so there are two issues for us i) finding a cruise with similar discounts for the children, ii) finding one that fits with school holidays. Even with the bargain prices on Fjords cruises for this July/August, none have them have worked out as cheap as this one was. We'll go and enjoy ourselves :D

I'm sure you'll have a great time still - even though it may not be the Fjords the ports are still good really, you can do excursions to Brugges, Ghent or Ypres from Zebrugge... Amsterdam or the Hague from Rotterdam, and Copenhagen is supposed to be lovely with Tivoli Gardens and I think you can visit the Carlsberg Brewery there :D

Gothenburg is Sweden's 2nd largest city so they must have a cathedral at least....

Azura is lovely in herself too. Enjoy your holiday x

I would go as I do not care where the ship takes me. No holiday left how ever.

I do like Norway but the new one would suit as well.

Gan Canny

Dai

BTW missing ports in France has been common because of strikes usually fishermen.ou

I would probably cancel personally as been to the ports on the revised schedule many times, many people have booked specifically to go to the fjords though and it must be upsetting not to get there after waiting so long for the cruise.

I can't believe how lucky I was personally to just get back before this started, and feel really sorry for those who were going this weekend .

We are driving down now to Newbury for our overnight stay. Quite upset but at the same time happy that they've haven't cancelled altogether, then I would be very very upset.

We haven't got any holiday days left this year because of other things booked up so we are going to book the Fjords for next September, 2013. We already have something booked for May 2013 so need to push it back. Was really looking forward to it as well.

We are going to go to Ghent from Zeebrugge because we did Bruges only last August! Is there any where else I can go from Rotterdam because I'm already going to Amsterdam in August so I don't want to go there now?? :-(

Can anyone let me know as well do you get a good deal booking another cruise on board? The Oriana is in the Fjords in September 2013 - the price is quite decent so tempted to book onboard.

We too are bitterly disappointed about the change of itinerary. The Fjords is on our to do list. This time of year we usually head to the med, but this cruise/time of year suited as because of other commitments. We will still go, as a cruise is a cruise, and will enjoy ourselves, just disappointed not to see the Fjords, particularly as I have just treated myself to a new camera capable of capturing the stunning scenery. I would not have selected the changed itinerary as we have done all but Gotenburg before, but it is too late for us to change and rebook something else at such short notice. I do undertstand that it is out of P&O's hands, and think that they have made the right choice, I don't think I would want to board tomorrow wondering where we might be heading. I think if it hadn't of been for work commitments we would have cancelled.

P&O Cruises

Good Morning

As many have you have seen the Norwegian Pilot strike has been

called off overnight. As a result the Azura and Adonia will now

revert back to their original itineraries.

If you were booked and cancelled yesterday but still wish to sail then

please contact our Reservations team who will reactivate your

booking.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Archived