7-21-16 Thursday Weigh-in. Vacation time

As we move toward the end of July lots of folks will be taking vacations. I just came back from 6 days visiting relatives and will leave shortly for 6 more days of family visits. We all know that it's hard to stick with a diet and exercise plan while on vacation. Can we do it?

LET'S WEIGH IN!

On my 6 days out of town I let things go at times - lots of pizza and beer. But I tried not to let things get out of hand and even used the treadmill twice. And as a result - 193.5, I stayed the same. So I'm breathing a sigh of relief. Hopefully I can do as well during my upcoming 6 days of family visits.

For those who reported last week:

Great loss, Diana. Nice loss, Michelle. Welcome Nursedibdob and nice loss. Welcome back Carabop, I'm sure you'll make it back to 135. Jo, a .6 pound loss is still a loss.

Have a good week everyone!

HI all!

CruisermanVA ~ thanks for starting the thread. You did great with all the temptations of family visits. Have a nice holiday the next 6 days.

I'm pretty pumped to announce I lost 2 lbs this week!:D I'm going down on my Wii Fit scale closer to overweight from obese. I'll never reach normal as they say my ideal weight is 116.6 lbs which I haven't been in 40 years or so!

Have a great week & bon voyage to anyone cruising! Sure wish my next cruise was closer!

~ Jo ~ :)

Hello,

Cruiserman, that's good, no gain. Vacations and visiting with family are difficult. You did well staying the same.

Jo, that's a great loss and good for you for getting down so much. You are seeing great progress!

A also stayed the same. That's ok. I realized I have 7 weeks until my next cruise. Would like to get down 2-3 more lbs., but we'll see.............

Summer is a great time to lose with so many wonderful fruits and vegetables around BUT........also hot dogs and ribs and burgers oh my!

Hope everyone has a successful week.

Diana

Great job Jo, that's an encouraging loss!

Like you guys, Cruiserman and Diana, I stayed the same this week. Boo! I don't have any excuses really. I feel like I continued to eat well and stayed active but for some reason the scale didn't budge. Oh well, at least not a gain. Have a couple days this week traveling with my youngest son on college visits so won't be super conducive to eating well and exercising, but will do my best.

Have a great week everyone!

Michelle

Pleased to report another loss this week. Was a week & a half between weigh ins, but another 4lb gone. As wine wanderer says, a difficult time of year as so much going on socially so well done all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

HI all

Thanks for your words of encouragement!:D I checked my calendar & I've actually lost 7 lbs since mid April so that's a step in the right direction. Of course there was a few hiccups along the way.:o

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ :)

Time to weigh in this week.

As of this morning, I am at 216.5 Last week, i am not sure of what my weight was but it does not matter. Weight loss is not the most important part of losing weight. Fat loss is! There are many reasons that one week you will be higher than another yet as long as your cloths are getting looser and you are getting thinner, this is a good thing.

Right now, since my last weigh in, i have lost only 2 lbs. but, i have lost an entire belt notch. I also can fit into a large shirt. (4 years ago, i was 3x-4x)

My exercise is 9 mile commute to work on my bike (45 minutes each way) 3-4 days a week. And then 3 days a week 1 hour lifing weights at gym. I use a fitbit blaze to track my activity. I have set a calorie burn goal of 3.2k and generally hit it and burn 4k to 4.5k. I then track all food intake on myfitnesspal.com (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/thechefslc)

Knowing your calories in/out will help you loose weight like never before. You do not have to be perfect, you can enjoy some pizza or a candy bar or a can of coke. just not every day.

Remember, drink your water not soda, and diet soda WILL trigger an insulin spike. It will also make you feel hungrier.

I've got Fitbit & myfitnesspal & I swear by them. Really help me keep on track. I set myself goals & if my working day has been too sedentary I work hard on my gazelle freestyle to make up the difference. My next challenge will be resuming after my cruise. I'm determined to be fit fabulous & fifty. 14 months to go!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hey, everyone--this group is just what I'm looking for! Thinking of doing a cruise during spring break (probably Anthem of the Seas) and just decided that if I'm at my first goal weight by Thanksgiving, I'll book it. (That's down 26 pounds, but the first ten or so should come off quickly.) I'm also a Fitbit user. (Don't you just love it?)

Hi all,

Down to 134 although I don't seem to get here on regular weigh in days. I have been busy on my bike when the temp is not in the high 90's it is even a bit rough when the temps are in the 80's but I still give it a go.

Heading out on vacation the end of the week as others have said lots of food out there hope to not indulge to much.

See you all soon.