Roatan, Honduras port is the Mahogany Bay Cruise Center?

Romy40

I believe the Caribbean Princess docks here, and we are trying to get to the Cameo Castle Store. I posted this question in the Roatan Board, but need more information. Can we walk to this store? Safe to do so? How far is it from the cruise center?

Any help would be appreciated.

I believe the Caribbean Princess docks here, and we are trying to get to the Cameo Castle Store. I posted this question in the Roatan Board, but need more information. Can we walk to this store? Safe to do so? How far is it from the cruise center?

Any help would be appreciated.

It's in Coxen Hole about 5 miles from Mahogany Bay. No you can not walk there. Google the store and look at the map.

No- you will want to take a cab there- it is walkable from the Coxen Hole dock not Mahogany Bay. It is very small and interesting but not a huge bargain- they do have lots of choices. Unless you have a great love of cameos or just really want to buy one, I'm not sure if it is worth it. Maybe if you include it as a stop (even if you love watching cameos be made and looking at all the choices I can't imagine more then an hour there, and that is pretty generous) and continue on to West Bay or West End

Agree w/previous 2 comments. Day we were there no one was carving. Small shop w/partly empty jewelry cases. We took a tour and stopped on our way back to the ship.

Prices were not a 'bargain', so to speak.

It's pretty rare a Princess ship will have to dock in Coxen Hole anymore- The Carnival Cruise line company pretty much "owns" Mahogany bay and has set it up with all it's own vendors, so unless it too many ships that day its unlikely their will be a change (also, I'm not sure what the current status of dock repairs at Coxen Hole is right now after the MSC Armonia incident- I know they are still using it, but not sure if they are able to go along side still (maybe just the smaller ships) or if they have to use it mostly as a tender port right now