Ultimate Dining - With Kids

Looking at booking the Ultimate Dining Package for Oasis and will have two kids, 4 & 5. I understand I pay for everyone and then the kids will be refunded as OBC onboard. When we go to specialty dining, do they let the kids order off the menu or a kids menu?

I also see that Ultimate Dining is NOT valid at Izumi Hibachi. Can I get 20% off there or is there no discount whatsoever? My kids LOVE hibachi and its a bummer that it isn't included in any dining plans, NCL allows it.

Looking at booking the Ultimate Dining Package for Oasis and will have two kids, 4 & 5. I understand I pay for everyone and then the kids will be refunded as OBC onboard. When we go to specialty dining, do they let the kids order off the menu or a kids menu?

I also see that Ultimate Dining is NOT valid at Izumi Hibachi. Can I get 20% off there or is there no discount whatsoever? My kids LOVE hibachi and its a bummer that it isn't included in any dining plans, NCL allows it.

Since you are not making reservations in advance I would just book the ultimate dining for 2 and add the kids to your reservation on board. Under 5 they eat for free.

Depending on how busy Hibachi is they might allow it. We were able to go last Narch on Oasis.

While under 5 eat for free, they have to order off the regular kids menu. Each restaurant has a special kids menu for under 12 which I believe is $10 although I’ve read reports that it’s half the adult price on some ships.

Since you are not making reservations in advance I would just book the ultimate dining for 2 and add the kids to your reservation on board. Under 5 they eat for free.

Depending on how busy Hibachi is they might allow it. We were able to go last Narch on Oasis.

Unfortunately I can't book the package just for 2. It makes me add the whole cabin. I'm thinking of it as pre-paying gratuities. :)

While under 5 eat for free, they have to order off the regular kids menu. Each restaurant has a special kids menu for under 12 which I believe is $10 although I’ve read reports that it’s half the adult price on some ships.

My kids wouldn't like the regular kids' menu. Darn. I was hoping I'd found some great new options but it seems there are lots of inconsistencies with kids dining on any cruise ship.