Disembarkation at Le Havre, France - Anyone With Experience?

PEIpair

We will debark the Royal Princess at Le Havre FR, on Sept 09/18 after a BI cruise.

Has anyone done this and used the Princess transfer back to CDG?

I am wondering what time we might HAVE to be off the ship.

And also, if there is any way we can do some sort of tour that day before the 3 hour drive to Paris.

I am very disappointed that Princess does not offer any sort of options for tours on Disembarkation day for those of us doing the cruise from Le Havre.

The folks debarking in Southhampton have a few options for touring on their way back to London

while we have none ( that I am aware of )?

Thank you for any info anyone may have about debarkation day in Le Havre.

Doreen

We will debark the Royal Princess at Le Havre FR, on Sept 09/18 after a BI cruise.

Has anyone done this and used the Princess transfer back to CDG?

I am wondering what time we might HAVE to be off the ship.

And also, if there is any way we can do some sort of tour that day before the 3 hour drive to Paris.

I am very disappointed that Princess does not offer any sort of options for tours on Disembarkation day for those of us doing the cruise from Le Havre.

The folks debarking in Southhampton have a few options for touring on their way back to London

while we have none ( that I am aware of )?

Thank you for any info anyone may have about debarkation day in Le Havre.

Doreen

Disembarking in England and disembarking in France are totally different. Southampton is a whole lot closer to the airports than LeHavre. There's a big time element involved that most likely cannot be interspersed with excursions.

That being said, good luck with CDG; the most unfriendliest and awful airport in the world. Hopefully your luggage won't get lost. I used to think Narita was the worst and then I experienced DeGaulle.

Be aware and as said above, make sure you have a “Plan B” to fall back on. There’s no guarantee that the ship will be able to dock in Le Havre. It’s unable to do so depending on the weather.

Paris and CDG are a long way from Le Havre. CDG is on the other side of the city and there isn’t a good way to get there without going through Paris.

If you disembark the ship at 8am, it’ll take you until probably 11am to get into Paris Center. If you take a 3-4 hour tour, you’d leave Paris at about 3pm. It’ll take about an hour to get to CDG, arriving at about 4pm. You need to be at the airport and checking in at least three hours before your flight. That means that the earliest you’d be able to book a flight is 7pm.

Unless Princess can count on at least 80-100 passengers who would book a tour before going to the airport, not just into Paris for a post-cruise stay, it makes no financial sense for them to offer it. While I know some people choose to disembark in Le Havre, there would have to be a substantial number passengers disembarking in Paris.

My suggestion is to find a tour company that will pick you up, tour Paris and drop you off at the airport.