Zodiacs on the Massdam

Martezz

As far as the 21 days Alaska cruises in 2019 goes, for one of the cruises, Kake Alaska is listed " Exec Tour Guest Only", maybe this is a Zodiac (excursion) port only?

We had a stop like that on the Rotterdam on Komodo Island, Indonesia - only the HAL shore excursions were allowed to visit the island. No DIY guests. Maybe that is what it means. I don't know. But this can happen in small ports who need to regulate the impact as well as generate the local revenue.

I just looked at some Alaska tourism sites, and Kake is very small. There doesn't appear to be any tourist infrastructure--"what to do" did not bring up mention of whale watches (other than watching from shore) or flightseeing (although they do have an airport). It's a very small town, with a population smaller than Maasdam's passenger capacity. So I'm thinking it's a matter of crowd control. I wonder if HAL has any idea what they're going to do there??

I just looked at some Alaska tourism sites, and Kake is very small. There doesn't appear to be any tourist infrastructure--"what to do" did not bring up mention of whale watches (other than watching from shore) or flightseeing (although they do have an airport). It's a very small town, with a population smaller than Maasdam's passenger capacity. So I'm thinking it's a matter of crowd control. I wonder if HAL has any idea what they're going to do there??
I was wondering the same thing?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sorry to hi -jack your thread, but we are booked Oct 28, polynesia on Maasadam with this "new" program too, and many of the ports have no excutrsions at all, or no prices with them. BTW.. Do they offer any free excursions? 1st timer on Hal.

• 5 months later...