Today´s update...tendering pier and island road

solita

Well, the Coral Princess and Carnival Miracle were SUPPOSE to go to Puerta Maya today. But since they were sharing tenders and only one tender at a time can go to the pier setup down there, they both went to fiscal. Sooooo, you will either use the pier at Puerta Maya, TMM or fiscal to tender into. It´s a coin toss to which!

And the big news is that the island road is open all the way around! Well, that is to passenger vehicles, not buses yet.

I'm looking for information about Parasailing. We are coming to Cozumel on the Grand Princess in December. Our ship leaves Galveston on December 17th. I don't remember which day we will be in Cozumel. I want to book Parasailing for my family but don't know which beach has it and if they still have it. Please let me know if you have any information or have done this before.

Karen

I'm looking for information about Parasailing. We are coming to Cozumel on the Grand Princess in December. Our ship leaves Galveston on December 17th. I don't remember which day we will be in Cozumel. I want to book Parasailing for my family but don't know which beach has it and if they still have it. Please let me know if you have any information or have done this before.

Karen

There are several places that offer parasailing...ship sponsored, independents both. You can find operators along the piers. Never have done it so can´t recommend one over the other. I have never heard of any accidents either.

Do you happen to know which pier the Conquest docked at yesterday? I asked a PVP at Carnival which pier they would use and he said that they were going to Puerta Maya - but he just said that because that's where they always go - he didn't really know for sure. Can anyone confirm which pier that the Conquest plans to use? I need to know for shore excursion plans - would rather be going closer to downtown. A taxi downtown is what, $10?

Thanks!

Sherryl

Do you happen to know which pier the Conquest docked at yesterday?
You do know that all the cruise ships are tendering passenger ashore in Cozumel, right? None of the cruise piers are in condition to accept ships for docking.

Where the tenders come ashore is variable, but it seems like many of them are using the ferry pier downtown.

Perhaps Solita will have a better handle on where the tenders will disembark.

The Conquest was actually here today not yesterday. But they couldn´t stay...had problems with currents and tendering into the northern winds. Bummer. Most ships have been tendering into the downtown fiscal pier but we have had a couple use the TMM or Touristico pier and also Puerta Maya to tender into. No for sure answer until the night before which they will tender into.

:cool: Just saw your post regarding the Conquest not being able to stop there because of wind and currents. Whoa! :eek: What a disappointment for everyone. Is this something we need to be concerened with for our arrival? Did that happen because of the storm that's out there right now, or is this typical weather for Cozumel this time of year. Does the size of the ship have anything to do with it? :confused: Hopefully that wont happen to us, but I guess its something we need to keep in mind as a possibilty. Do you happen to know if the ship tried to go someplace else or did it go back out to sea? Holy seagull :o , I hope we make it there! You gotta get your PB too!! We pretty much decided on PB too. (haha both the same initials!) :D

Sorry, I meant to say tendered, not docked. I know they are tendering. And we will handle it no matter what they decide. I hope that we will at least be able to get to shore or they will make an alternate stop - like to Playa Del Carmen - that's a dock, not a tender, right?

Maybe if the weather is bad, they can at least go to PDC.

Sherryl

(who likes to be prepared)

Sorry, I meant to say tendered, not docked. I know they are tendering. And we will handle it no matter what they decide. I hope that we will at least be able to get to shore or they will make an alternate stop - like to Playa Del Carmen - that's a dock, not a tender, right?

Maybe if the weather is bad, they can at least go to PDC.

Sherryl

(who likes to be prepared)

Playa del Carmen is a tender port and it depends on the size of the ship about Calica...most tender into there also.

whdove88: It's a weather related thing for the moment. The channel is choppy and it's blustery and raining. Hopefully it will pass soon although the predictions are for it to get worse before it clears out.

srobins: A taxi from the Puerta Maya or International pier to downtown (or the reverse) is $6 for up to 4 passengers.

Hope that helps!

Solita,

We'll heading your way next week on the Carnival Miracle. Is the port you're talking about the one where Senor Frogs is located on the beach area?

Is Carlos n' Charlies open downtown? Can't go to Cozumel without a stop there. Are the shops in that area open? When I was there in August, I promised a shopkeeper that I'd be back - hate to break a promise!

Thanks for any insight. :) Oh, and if you could make sure it doesn't storm or rain, we'd really appreciate it! ;)

Solita,

We'll heading your way next week on the Carnival Miracle. Is the port you're talking about the one where Senor Frogs is located on the beach area?

Is Carlos n' Charlies open downtown? Can't go to Cozumel without a stop there. Are the shops in that area open? When I was there in August, I promised a shopkeeper that I'd be back - hate to break a promise!

Thanks for any insight. :) Oh, and if you could make sure it doesn't storm or rain, we'd really appreciate it! ;)

There is a Senor Frog´s 1/2 at TMM pier. That pier is usually used by RCCL cruise line. Not sure if that one if open...I didn´t look earlier this week when I was there. The other Senor Frog´s and Carlos n Charlies at Punta Langosta didn´t fare too well but they are in the process of cleaning and repairing. Most shops received heavy damage too. Fat Tuesday´s is open at Puerta Maya and their downtown location.

:cool: Just saw your post regarding the Conquest not being able to stop there because of wind and currents. Whoa! :eek: What a disappointment for everyone. Is this something we need to be concerened with for our arrival? Did that happen because of the storm that's out there right now, or is this typical weather for Cozumel this time of year. Does the size of the ship have anything to do with it? :confused: Hopefully that wont happen to us, but I guess its something we need to keep in mind as a possibilty. Do you happen to know if the ship tried to go someplace else or did it go back out to sea? Holy seagull :o , I hope we make it there! You gotta get your PB too!! We pretty much decided on PB too. (haha both the same initials!) :D

Hey Myra. I got to ride the tender over to the ship with the ship agent to give them their exit papers...it wasn´t rough then but got real bad later. It is a combo of cold front and Gamma! This doesn´t happen often so never fear. I didn´t ask the Conquest where they were going to go... And again, thanks for the PB!

In reply to previous post. We were on Rhapsody. Together we went back to Galveston. Was pretty rough out there. Only a fool, or someone really used to small boats, would have wanted to get on or off using the tender. We had to turn back to let someone tender in due to a medical emergency. Just watching the ferry go back to the pier made me quezy, and I like small boats in big seas.

OK, that does it, I'm renting a car.

:D

Hmmmmm, went over to the eastside again yesterday. Road closed just on the other side of Coconuts. Sorry BruceR...will try to find out what the deal is and when it will be reopened for ya.

I must have missed it somewhere - Is Carlos and Charlie's open? We'll be on the Triumph on, I believe, Dec 26. :)

Coconuts yes, Carlos n Charlies no. Not sure if they will be reopened by your arrival date or not...repairs seem to be going quickly though!

Archived