Adventerous things to do in Bahamas?

gkrnjlr

I haven't looked yet but I wonder how hard it will be to find the average temperature in January for Nassau and the other islands in the Bahamas.

Sailing does sound interesting......have you read anything online about companies to do this with or through?

I haven't looked yet but I wonder how hard it will be to find the average temperature in January for Nassau and the other islands in the Bahamas.

Sailing does sound interesting......have you read anything online about companies to do this with or through?

Nassau, Bahamas WeatherTemperature (Fahrenheit)

JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecHigh777779818487898988858278Low646566697276777776747166

• 2 weeks later...
We'll be in Nassau, Grand Bahama Island (Freeport?) and Great Stirrup Cay.

Are there many "adventerous" things to do at any of these places? Something a little more than just the touristy things?

In nassau you can Snorkeling with the sharks with Stuart Cove (www.stuartcove.com)

Parasailing is available from either Cabbage Beach or Cable Beach

depending on how much time you have, you can learn Kiteboarding http://www.bahamaskiteboarding.com/

Take a Resort Dive course and go scuba diving (www.stuartcove.com)

www.bahamadivers.com

Seriously? You can snorkel with the Sharks; or go scuba diving?? Just curious. Although it does fit the bill as adventurous!

seriously.. I've done both. Quite exciting.

I don't know if you can do the shark SCUBA DIVE without being certified, but you certainly can do the snorkeling trip.

seriously.. I've done both. Quite exciting.

I don't know if you can do the shark SCUBA DIVE without being certified, but you certainly can do the snorkeling trip.

Everytime my head goes underwater in the ocean; I automatically hear the JAWS Theme Song! But hey, to each their own!! Thanks for the feedback scubagirl!

We had a great time on a snorkeling tour with Capt Tony and the Sand Dollar. We were there in Aug and I have to say our day would be hard to top. Sailing, snorkeling, swimming, wading, beach-combing, sunning, shopping and believe it or not relaxing!!!!! No hanging in the air by a strap between your legs or swimming with sharks but it was just what we needed on our last port day. He has a beautiful boat and his service in top notch. we had a big group (about 20) age 6-68 and we all felt we got way more than we paid for. Shuttles were waiting at the dock and at the marketplace to get there and back. Some of us went back to the ship after the tour and some stayed and prowled the Marketplace.

Not the most "adventurous" day but still really fun and easy. Maybe you could pick the seediest looking taxi with the meaneast looking driver :mad:and say ugly things about his mother :eek:and half way there tell him you dont have any money!!! Now that would add some adventure to the tour!!!Good Luck!!!

Here is Capt Tony's web address www.sanddollarcruise.com

I just did the Tour Nassau By Segway excursion from RCCL and it was a BLAST! It's really not a tour but an adventure on segway Here is a u-tube clip of mine. You start off slow and by the end they take the governor off and you are zipping through tight turns and over hills through windy trails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnYFGAn8kVY

We are really interested in the Segway tour.

Did you see any kids? We have a 9 dd. Actually, she is probably more flexible and balanced than us older parents!!

About to watch your video.

Any pointers would be great!

According to the brochure that I have, you must be 10 or older to participate.

seqwaynassau@gmail.com for info

Also, to piggy back on the above question I had... does stuart cove offer snorkel trips which do not deliberately or intentionally look for sharks!!!!

Stuart Cove does not, but there are plenty of snorkeling trips who don't go out on the south shore.

Try Flying CLoud (www.flyingcloud.info) or Seahorse (www.seahorsesailingadventures.com

Or even Bahama Divers (www.bahamadivers.com)

Yesterday I called to reserve the Flying Cloud for our large group for a Feb afternoon snorkel trip. Anyone have any problems with their bus transportation from Rawson Square to the ship?

Any comments/hints about this catamaran tour that I should know about?

Archived