Booking next cruise on board.

TheCaveman

They will offer you the same promo items available to the general public as listed on their web site.

In addition they will offer you some OBC that you have the option to use on your current cruise or on the one you just booked.

This OBC is non refundable. So if you bill is less than the OBC at the end of your cruise, it is forfeited. I learned this the hard way.

If you do book while on board, you may find not all sailings that are available to book from home are available to them to book from on board. They will ask you to book something else and then you have the right to change your booking once you get back to you home. I had no problem doing so. I had picked a date and experience prior, they could not access that sailing. I booked a different date and then changed it after I got back off of the cruise. I saw no difference in pricing of the specific cruise from home or from on the ship

So would the only benefit of booking on board vs at home be the extra OBC they may give you? We sail in a couple weeks, but are in the process of trying to find a December cruise with the grown kids. I'll have a spreadsheet of my research available to be able to compare prices online. Thanks!

I found no benefit in booking on board. The price they offered for a cruise later this year was similar to the price I paid for the cruise I was on.. Today, after returning home,...I checked my internet agency...Price was same as quoted on cruise...and agency is giving more OBC then MSC offered while on board.

• 4 weeks later...

I am just off the Seaside and did the on board booking and was given a $200 discount on a YC cabin plus $200 obc. I called my TA to transfer and she found it was done automatically plus my TA added $100 in obc.

YC is awesome, cant wait to our next cruise.

They will offer you the same promo items available to the general public as listed on their web site.

In addition they will offer you some OBC that you have the option to use on your current cruise or on the one you just booked.

This OBC is non refundable. So if you bill is less than the OBC at the end of your cruise, it is forfeited. I learned this the hard way.

If you do book while on board, you may find not all sailings that are available to book from home are available to them to book from on board. They will ask you to book something else and then you have the right to change your booking once you get back to you home. I had no problem doing so. I had picked a date and experience prior, they could not access that sailing. I booked a different date and then changed it after I got back off of the cruise. I saw no difference in pricing of the specific cruise from home or from on the ship

Whoa! How was your bill less than your OBC?! Did you remove gratuities?