REGAL PRINCESS E604. Larger than regular balcony

bigenna

Looking at the deck plans this obstructed view cabin is said to be 250 sq ft versus 222 sq ft that some of the regular balcony cabins are.

Would the increase in size be on the balcony or in the actual cabin do you think.

We will be on a transatlantic this spring so any extra square footage would be welcome, and the cost is about $100 less for the cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looking at the deck plans this obstructed view cabin is said to be 250 sq ft versus 222 sq ft that some of the regular balcony cabins are.

Would the increase in size be on the balcony or in the actual cabin do you think.

We will be on a transatlantic this spring so any extra square footage would be welcome, and the cost is about $100 less for the cabin.

Check here for balcony photo.

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

Yes I had checked Renmar’s site and realize it is very obstructed, but few of that category were left.

On a transatlantic we would want the balcony for some fresh air more than anything else.

We thought of paying the small difference more for an unobstructed regular balcony slightly more midship, but questioning if the increased size on the obstructed was on the balcony or in the stateroom.

If it’s in the stateroom we will stay where we are.

That appears to be just be one of many errors on deckplans on the website. Except in the center bump out all balcony cabins and balconies are the same size.

Bear in mind that balconies on the Royal and Regal are a bit smaller than balconies on the series of ships before them. Eg. Standard balcony on Crown, Emerald, Ruby much bigger. Again cost cutting is at play. The way I see it, go with the cheapest balcony. It is nice to be able to escape the masses. We have even taken the balcony with the lifeboat below us so that we have air in case we get condemned to our cabin because of sickness.

The fresh air is the main thing we are looking for on this cruise, but I guess we were mislead by the increase in size over regular balcony if as IRCalCruiser is correct. We were hoping for a size increase in the cabin, not so much the balcony as it is likely to be too cool to sit out there for any length of time.

The fresh air is the main thing we are looking for on this cruise, but I guess we were mislead by the increase in size over regular balcony if as IRCalCruiser is correct. We were hoping for a size increase in the cabin, not so much the balcony as it is likely to be too cool to sit out there for any length of time.

Other than the Accessible cabins, mini suites on the Pacific, some mini suites on Marina and Lido deck on Royal class ships and a few inside cabins, all cabins whether inside, oceanview, balcony or mini suite on Princess are approximately 9 feet wide. Two accessible cabins occupy the space of three regular cabins and are therefor about 13.5 feet wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums