Carnival spirit - Tell me more

Cruiselkm

Ok cruisers, tell me what you can about the Carnival Spirit please? After 2 cruises on the P&O Pacific Eden we are thinking about trying Carnival Spirit to leave from Brisbane to New Caladonia Loyalty Islands next year about Sept or Oct. We are very comfy with P&O lines so "jumping ship" to another is a bit un-nerving :)

So what can you tell me, is it great for kids? I will have a 14 year old with me, she wont be using any of the kids clubs.

And the weather from Brissy, Does the ship rock a fair bit around Sept/Oct? I can get a much cheaper price on P&O Pacific Dawn but its in May and hubby thinks it ill be too rough being the winter season.

Any advice would be much appreciated please.

Cheers!!

There's a wealth of info for the ports in Oz and for your ports of calls on your cruise here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77 on Cruise Critic. We sailed the Spirit from San Diego to Mexico in 2011 and again in 2012 and had a blast. She's a fine ship and like Goldilocks and the Three Bears " she's just right " in size. Neither too small or too big. The Green Thunder slide is not to be missed if you like thrill rides.

Have fun!

The Spirit--and her sister ships--are our favorite class of ship. We regularly bring our teen age grandchildren on the Carnival Pride, a sister to the Spirit and they enjoy it and have plenty to do---I don't know what changes have been made to the Spirit to "Australianize" her since we last were onboard. We brought her over in 2112 and they changed the coffee machines halfway across the Pacific. If it helps, here is a link to our album of that trip with many pictures of the ship and activities--you can just skip the pix of us in Hawaii, etc. if you want to see any pictures lager just click on them.

2112 CRUISE TO AUSTRALIA

• 1 month later...
The Spirit--and her sister ships--are our favorite class of ship. We regularly bring our teen age grandchildren on the Carnival Pride, a sister to the Spirit and they enjoy it and have plenty to do---I don't know what changes have been made to the Spirit to "Australianize" her since we last were onboard. We brought her over in 2112 and they changed the coffee machines halfway across the Pacific. If it helps, here is a link to our album of that trip with many pictures of the ship and activities--you can just skip the pix of us in Hawaii, etc. if you want to see any pictures lager just click on them.

2112 CRUISE TO AUSTRALIA

Thank you so much for the gorgeous pictures. I am sure you slept for a week when you got home. I am saving the link as I want to look again.

The spirit is great for kids especially those tweens and teens who are “too cool for clubs”. She’s had some TLC given to her after drydock in May 2018 including a bigger arcade and a teens hang out lounge. Unfortunately reviews for her are few and far between however I am going on the spirt in November and will be doing a review.

Compared to the pacific dawn I feel the Spirit blows it out of the water. My first two cruises were the Dawn and Jewel and then made the jump to Carnival. I felt once you go carnival you don’t come back... As for weather the first week or two of September you may get what we call the Ekka winds which are cold winds that come in mid August (our royal show aka the Ekka is in mid August) to mid September. As soon as you get out of Brisbane though they are gone. Also keep in mind of school holidays in late September will bring more kids to the cruise (which in turn brings more friends for the kids...).

Hope this helps! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums